Notices

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Can the widget expand itself when clicked? Can a small widget pop up a bigger screen area, covering up other widgets, without having to launch an app? If so, that could resolve the real-estate gobbling.

Even with the large size, great app!

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
nothing happens when i press call, it seems to be just my phone by the looks of it. is there a log or something i can send you, if not dont worry about it, im in need of a reflash soon, ill try again after that.
keep up the good work buddy

New version: 0.1-6

* Fixed how qt widgets were initialized so closing the widget shouldn't result in a lot of glibc errors.
* Added an stand alone application support (plus icons, .desktop entry). You can now run K9 Call without adding it as a widget but as a regular program.
* Added support for ä (mapped to 2), ö (mapped to 6), ü (mapped to 8), and ß (mapped to 7)
* Added error checking for dialing numbers so if the command to call fails, it shows you an error message.

@dscobsct: can you try the latest version and tell me if it tells you an error occurred (or not) when you try to call someone?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vrwarp For This Useful Post:
This is a golden widget! Very useful as is, after I understood that it will not suggest matches immediately.

Couple of functionality requests in rough order of desirability:
- Recognize space between parts of first and surnames, like this function does in the other Nokia phones. I have found that the fastest match is usually couple of letters from the first name followed by couple of letters from the second name. Sample: 8<Space>8 matches Test Unicode.
- Long press on Clear to clear the entry field.
- Add a button for sending text message to the number.
- Click on a name shows a drop-down list of the matches, if there are more than one.

Thanks! Where was the voting button again?

Last edited by mikaelh; 2010-08-10 at 12:30.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Really like this app/widget - been using it for a couple of weeks now.

With reference to posts above, I have no new problems or bugs to report, but I do have one request/suggestion:

Could the widget GUI be re-worked with a stronger contrast and bigger letters & numbers? The colours & font are not the easiest to read.

This is one of my favourite apps/widgets at the moment and comes highly recommended - thanks vwarp for a truly useful and practical contribution to N900.

hey guys am not be able to download to K9 call on my N900, please can anyone send me the widget and attached it so i can have it on the screen.
thank you.

This may be a bug:
When I try to use K9 as a dial pad, starting by pressing 0, the widget just disappears from the desktop. This can be reproduced on my N900.

thank you for this useful widget...I'd like if there will be autorotation on this program. Is it possible to implement it?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Nice; it's times like this I'm glad I have nine screens to play with.

The clear button doesn't really clear, just deletes one character at a time. It would be nice if there was a real clear button and a one char delete button.

Can someone adapt this program to the new "Hildon desktop portrait mode" ?
When the screen is in portraid mode, the K9 Call go in the wrong direction

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post: