Active Topics

Notices

i installed the humanity theme then got bored and removed it, u still have it in the themes option in settings, how do i get rid of it fully from the system including its sub folders???

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
have you rebooted the phone?

yes,many times since i removed or uninstalled it through the app manager

my second post, just wanna know how to remove old apps from the phone, i still the humanity theme in the theme options from settings, but i had removed it weeks ago, tried a reboot but it didn't work, plus since i have filemanager i still see it's folders in home/opt.... what can be done here? it's taking up root space too... how can it be done through terminal or should i remove the folders or what? that sems tricky though, anyway to fully remove apps like these?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by jafferkhan View Post
my second post, just wanna know how to remove old apps from the phone, i still the humanity theme in the theme options from settings, but i had removed it weeks ago, tried a reboot but it didn't work, plus since i have filemanager i still see it's folders in home/opt.... what can be done here? it's taking up root space too... how can it be done through terminal or should i remove the folders or what? that sems tricky though, anyway to fully remove apps like these?
Use the application manager? Or better still Faster Application Manager...

i have already uninstalled it via the app manager, its stil there

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Not sure why it's in /home/opt - can you paste a screenshot, or even better go to xterm and type:
Code:
ls -la /home/opt
and paste the output here.

The humanity-theme package only puts files in /usr/share/themes/humanity....

edit: And, once again: DON'T CROSS-POST

Last edited by jedi; 2011-07-26 at 13:53.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
yes,many times since i removed or uninstalled it through the app manager
Code:
sudo gainroot
rm -rf /usr/share/themes/humanity
It may be necessary to reboot afterwards.

the terminal thingy seems complicated, i am worried i may ruin something doing something, sorry... i still see the humanity folders in opt/share folders thingy... and it still appears as a theme, i apply it but it's strange, looks like the default theme without any wallpapers... i wanna remove it with one simple command of the terminal, if there is

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
the terminal thingy seems complicated, i am worried i may ruin something doing something, sorry... i still see the humanity folders in opt/share folders thingy... and it still appears as a theme, i apply it but it's strange, looks like the default theme without any wallpapers... i wanna remove it with one simple command of the terminal, if there is
are you sure it is complicated or you are afraid that it might damage your phone ?
if you are then shouldn't be asking for help and try removing it your self that way if you will harm your phone you wont regret i guess .

come on it is just a command which will give you some output which will help jedi to sort out the problem .

people here love the n900 and they will never ever suggest something wrong to anyone unless you have done something extremely silly .