Reggie, Texrat,

can you please close down this thread so we can... close this saddest of chapters of TMO?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why Close a perfectly good thread? we Need and ask the council thread, It its not wise go take a thread like this in the direction you all just did and then just close it. you Ruined the thread I think the thread shall be open. Just Dont discuss your power strugles in it.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
General question: who is the Council now? AFAIK, according to the results, SD69 took second place in the elections, does he get "the job" back? And, if Estel abdicated, does the council count 4 members insted of 5 or is Aries included as a replacement?

@ivgalvez: thank you, I don't know how I could miss the wiki page, sorry for stupid and unnecessary question.

Last edited by misiak; 2012-07-16 at 07:33.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
As you can see in the Wiki page, the Council is now formed by four people with Woody14619 as chairman (marked with a *).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why Close a perfectly good thread? we Need and ask the council thread[...]
there was an "ask the Council" thread that run up to nearly a 1000 (or possibly more) posts in the past.
it makes sense to have a new "ask the Council" thread when a new Council starts.
even though the current members of the Council have already been in function for some time, they will hopefully be able to start working on their actual task rather then having a crybaby taking up most of the attention.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Nice of you to post two large pages of insults and lies, and the follow it up with:

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I hope, that Council have better content to put in "Ask the Council" thread - no reason to make it "Ask the Estel" .
While I don't want to promote your view that the world revolves around you, I feel I must put out a few small clarifications. To that effort, I'm posting simple facts so that the community can made educated decisions when reviewing what's happened here.
  • During an election, no one is guaranteed to be re-elected, not even the person potentially asking for a new election.
  • Sometimes people are willing to chance an individual loss if it results in the community at large to benefiting.
  • I live in NY, currently in EDT (UTC +4). And I generally have lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 (16:30 UTC to 17:30 UTC), plus or minus 30 minutes. Last Friday, I was at at goodby lunch for a work colleague from 12:00 until 1:45.
  • I stand behind and acknowledge everything I've said, even when I discover I'm wrong on a topic, as many here will attest to.
  • I'm willing to wait for someone to answer my questions if they're busy with other work, and have never quit a job because someone didn't reply back to me within a couple hours.
  • I also do what I say I'm going to do. I don't say one thing and then moments later change my mind and drop everything because I feel like it.

On the latter point, I assume you will not be following up on the action items you took during the last meeting, since that would impede your newly found "free time". But then why should these action items be different from any others you've taken?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Nice of you to post two large pages of insults and lies, and [...]
Woody,

i appreciate your frustration accumulated over the past month or so and still vibrating.
and i say this as the one who debunked and to some extend brought the fall of crybaby.

still i'm not sure what there is to gain in antagonizing him more?

is there maybe the possibility to post a list of tasks that are left "unattended" and have members volunteer to look into them?
i myself have my hands (& head) full with issues much more pressing then even the worst news about NOKIA may bring, so i won't be able to do much, but i'll do what little i can.

hth

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Woody14619
<snip>
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Links and logs were provided on:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=109

(...)

so everyone can make own mind. Thus...

(...)

...we don't need another never-ending-replies drama.

(...)

Time to get over it, and go back to productive work!
/Estel

Ps.

Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
On the latter point, I assume you will not be following up on the action items you took during the last meeting
Why asking, if You have already assigned them to Yourself, as per Your proposition for meeting minutes, that You've sent to Council's internal mail (for which, I still have - unfortunately - access, despite my kind request to remove me, send to current chair, if this function even still exist at all...)?

Lie got short legs, so end playing "little politician" and go back to work, "chair". You don't have anyone to blame now, and Your "transparency" myth is busted, so better watch Your step - people will judge by results of Your (lack of) work, no Your wanna-be-smartie lectures & tricks, presented in this thread.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-07-17 at 02:08.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Am I dreaming?
(ex) councilmen are trolling each other now...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Am I dreaming?
(ex) councilmen are trolling each other now...
Too bad it is true
im really sad about what is happening over here
hope nobody will leave this community..............
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

Tags
ask council, ask the council, community, councilors, questions