hi all please i need ur help so much please especially am so so far from any nokia care center and in my country there is no N900 device yet... this is the complete story :
yesterday i was using my N900 downloading apps and so on from extra devel extra testing everywere but i checked my storage i still had 1.5 GB from the 2GB's provided to apps anyway i was using my device till it gave me the notification that my battery is low so i turned the device off and then next day (today) i woke up charged the mobile (the led light was turning brown) normal case anyway i wanted to go out so i unpluged the charger turned on the device and it didnt complete the boot what is happening is that when i turn on my device everything is normal but after the nokia boot video ( shaking hands) the device turn on for less then 1 sec ( the status bar shows up) then the device automaticly reboot it self and it stays like that same thing what can i do i tried removing battery and these stuff please help and is there an option besides re-flash since i dont want to loose all my data please help me fix my beloved N900 :P

I'm not sure. From what I can tell on the Intarwebs, it may be that your battery is dead, although it seems perhaps a bit early (did you discharge it too deep or get it hot?) My n810 likes to reboot continuously when it's off and charging, and I think this is due to the battery being on its way out. I don't have an n900 to play with, tho.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
hi all please i need ur help so much please especially am so so far from any nokia care center and in my country there is no N900 device yet... this is the complete story :
yesterday i was using my N900 downloading apps and so on from extra devel extra testing everywere but i checked my storage i still had 1.5 GB from the 2GB's provided to apps anyway i was using my device till it gave me the notification that my battery is low so i turned the device off and then next day (today) i woke up charged the mobile (the led light was turning brown) normal case anyway i wanted to go out so i unpluged the charger turned on the device and it didnt complete the boot what is happening is that when i turn on my device everything is normal but after the nokia boot video ( shaking hands) the device turn on for less then 1 sec ( the status bar shows up) then the device automaticly reboot it self and it stays like that same thing what can i do i tried removing battery and these stuff please help and is there an option besides re-flash since i dont want to loose all my data please help me fix my beloved N900 :P
You shouldn't need to reflash. It sounds like a low battery - you can try charging it (make sure that the yellow LED is pulsing, and that the phone isn't vibrating & continuously rebooting - it may take a little while to start charging though). If it does keep rebooting then you'll need to charge up the battery externally, either in a compatible phone (e.g. Nokia 5800) or in a desktop battery charger (you can pick these up cheaply from ebay).

no am sure my battery is not dead because it was like around 10% when i turned the device off and i woke up without turning on the device i charged it & it beamed ( the led flash ) as its charging i dont think its a battery problem

mm the device is making this yellow or brown led normal flashing and its charging pretty normal by the looks of the led flash ....the problem is that am sure the battery is not so bad because its even rebooting why is there a possibilty that its dead device ?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DaKing View Post
mm the device is making this yellow or brown led normal flashing and its charging pretty normal by the looks of the led flash ....the problem is that am sure the battery is not so bad because its even rebooting why is there a possibilty that its dead device ?
If you're sure it's charged, and it's still rebooting, then flashing is probably the only easy answer I'm afraid.

are these the only 2 files that i need to download
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
am using windows vista ? can u help me on how to reflash ? please thanks

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Funnily enough, the very same thing happened to me just yesterday.

I can't say exactly what did it (though it was almost certainly my fault - I'd been fiddling with apps from extras-* all day) but even so, I had exactly the symptoms you describe. My battery wasn't low, but after rebooting the device voluntarily I had a reboot loop.

I charged up my Nokia *fully* - better to be safe than sorry - and followed the instructions on the Wiki:

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

A few (stressful!) minutes later I had a working N900 again, and an hour of installing later all my apps etc. back in place.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
I was thinking this was a funny coincidence too, but I'm starting to think otherwise. After I uninstalled a lot of apps yesterday I rebooted the N900 (the battery was full) and it got stuck in the reboot loop. Removing the battery didn't help to fix the issue, so I reflashed.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
I was thinking this was a funny coincidence too, but I'm starting to think otherwise. After I uninstalled a lot of apps yesterday I rebooted the N900 (the battery was full) and it got stuck in the reboot loop. Removing the battery didn't help to fix the issue, so I reflashed.
If you use apps from extras-devel or extras-testing then it might be a error with the uninstallation script.