Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
Jeej QSpot finally works again

The Following User Says Thank You to Zekahz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ The Netherlands
When using QSpot after deleting the cache everything works fine. But after that the playlists won't load and de search bar is inactive. QSpot used to have a time-out for playlist loading or something like that right?

Originally Posted by QTI View Post

Having some offline lists loaded into my phone I put the phone into offline mode (all radios off). Start QSpot in this mode. Get message "offline mode is now activated" - then a flash of message something like "login ..." and finally a fading message: "virhe:Network disabled". Finally QSpot stays at login screen.
Still this "virhe:Network disabled" issue in 1.1.0-1 with offline mode. No fix?

Originally Posted by QTI View Post
Still this "virhe:Network disabled" issue in 1.1.0-1 with offline mode. No fix?
This seems to be an issue, which is quite hard to reproduce. I have made some inquiry to Spotify concerning this, as it seems to be a problem / bug with the library used by QSpot. This issue has indeed a high priority (as the point of offline mode is that you can login without any network connection active), and I really hope to get it fixed soon.

Have you tried deleting / clearing the application cache?

Edit: It seems that the same issue exists with e.g., the MeeSpot and official Spotify clients on the N9. No fix has still been provided by Spotify to fix this problem.

Last edited by aenbacka; 2012-01-13 at 10:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Ok, thanks, let's hope Spotify has the good will to fix the library.

Just to check, I moved the cache to mmc using settings - no help - finally I did a clean install (removed qspot, checked and removed the .config/qspot, .qspot cache etc. manually from local and mmc - reboot - install) and the problem still persists. So, problem confirmed

The Following User Says Thank You to QTI For This Useful Post:
Just a note; QSpot for Harmattan (0.3.0) is now available from the Nokia Store (http://store.ovi.com/content/246120..) I have also submitted the Maemo version, but it is not yet available.

Last edited by aenbacka; 2012-01-17 at 07:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
I've been using QSpot daily on my N900 (premium spotify account) and all of the sudden this evening I can no longer log in. My spotify account is still active because I can log in on my ipod, my N9, and my palm pre. This is an out of the blue issue for me. I've tried all types of internet connections too...GSM, 3.5G, and wifi. Anyone else having these problems on the N900? I was using the 1.0.1-4, and I've also tried version 1.1.0-1. Here is a screenshot of the error I get after I input my username and password. Thanks for the help.

edit: no longer works on my N9 either. All other devices good though.
Attached Images

Last edited by joeD; 2012-01-19 at 05:23. Reason: Correcting statement

Originally Posted by joeD View Post
I've been using QSpot daily on my N900 (premium spotify account) and all of the sudden this evening I can no longer log in. My spotify account is still active because I can log in on my ipod, my N9, and my palm pre. This is an out of the blue issue for me. I've tried all types of internet connections too...GSM, 3.5G, and wifi. Anyone else having these problems on the N900? I was using the 1.0.1-4, and I've also tried version 1.1.0-1. Here is a screenshot of the error I get after I input my username and password. Thanks for the help.

edit: no longer works on my N9 either. All other devices good though.
Do you have QSpot set to force offline mode, or do you always connect in online mode when getting the error message? Some issue exist with logging in using offline mode related to the library used by QSpot. Have you tried clearing the application / data cache (home/user/MyDocs/.qspot and subdirs)?

QSpot version 1.1.0-1 for N900 / Maemo5 is now also available from the Nokia Store (http://store.ovi.com/content/245775).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aenbacka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 76 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle
must have been a random issue with spotify perhaps. I now can log in with both N900 and N9. To answer your questions though, I always use online mode in qspot. I'll keep my eye on it and will report back if the issue persists. Thanks for the help though. Love qspot. Keeps my day going.

edit: turns out spotify did some maintenance on their servers and had a minor outage that affected some folks. https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus

Last edited by joeD; 2012-01-19 at 21:22. Reason: update status

The Following User Says Thank You to joeD For This Useful Post:

Tags
premium account, spotify