Notices

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
This may work as well for the n900 right?
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/323290...ntrol_booster/

According to this disassembly video, it shouldn't be too hard I suppose. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEHm325-z8

Hi guys, this is my very first post here. I got some problems with qtirreco. The application seems not to send any IR signal at all as i could see pointing the IR port to a camera. At first i thought the lircd daemon wasn't started, so i started it manually and after i entered
Code:
ps auwx | grep lirc
i could see the entry
Code:
/usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --listen=8765
, so the daemon is running. Also my lircd.conf file is written properly, but when i select a command with qtirreco no signal seems to be emitted. When i run
Code:
irsend SEND_START X3 1
i can see the trasmitter is working. So, in your opinion, what should be the problem with Qtirreco?

Last edited by pernacentus; 2010-02-03 at 20:16.

pernacentus, I have no idea

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I have the same problem as pernacentus.

- qtirreco starts/stops lirc correctly
- qtirreco does not add confs to /etc/lircd.conf
- manual adding confs and "irsend START_SEND" works
- qtirreco still not working (no signals sending)

Is there another qtirreco related conf file we must add the remote manually?

Originally Posted by raily View Post
I have the same problem as pernacentus.

- qtirreco starts/stops lirc correctly
- qtirreco does not add confs to /etc/lircd.conf
- manual adding confs and "irsend START_SEND" works
- qtirreco still not working (no signals sending)

Is there another qtirreco related conf file we must add the remote manually?
Okay I tested adding remote manually. First I copied the remote config file which has all the IR codes for remote. I copied the file to /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/

Then added this line to /etc/lircd.conf:

include "/home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/Devices/15PF4121"

Then I added a button and tested. Didn't work but after booting software it worked. Ive noticed this before, but still hasn't figured it out why you need to boot after that operation. If youre going to add your own remote and then uploading the software, you will also need to add line to /home/user/MyDocs/qtirreco/lircpaths.conf file like following line here:

15PF4121 p-r/philips/15PF4121

So in this case my remote config file is named 15PF4121.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by nirpe View Post
Then I added a button and tested. Didn't work but after booting software it worked. Ive noticed this before, but still hasn't figured it out why you need to boot after that operation.
It would probably be enough to just restart the lircd:
sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

Check out the LIRC section of the Irreco docs for some interesting reads.

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Then I added a button and tested. Didn't work but after booting software it worked. Ive noticed this before, but still hasn't figured it out why you need to boot after that operation.
Do you mean rebooting the device? Did not help. Also, as qtirreco starts and stops lircd, there should be no need to manually restart it. I don't know what's wrong with my qtirreco, somehow it does not interact with lircd correctly. As I said, I can send commands manually to lircd and the transmitter works, but no signals from qtirreco. Is it normal that you cannot configure lirc form inside qtirreco? In irreco you could configure port an host.

New version out and improved tutorial video at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sVyNrhE1kA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nirpe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by raily View Post
Do you mean rebooting the device? Did not help. Also, as qtirreco starts and stops lircd, there should be no need to manually restart it. I don't know what's wrong with my qtirreco, somehow it does not interact with lircd correctly. As I said, I can send commands manually to lircd and the transmitter works, but no signals from qtirreco. Is it normal that you cannot configure lirc form inside qtirreco? In irreco you could configure port an host.
Lirc listens messages sent to localhost using port 8765 and QtIrreco uses socket to send messages to that port. With version 2.2 I fixed that problem where i needed to reboot software, not device.

HI All this is a great app.

What do we do if we can't find the TV or what ever it is that we looking for?

How do we create a brand new one?

Also do you know if this will work for WinTV USB sticks?

My Blog

Tags
irreco, qtirreco