Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
i now need help as i have become the first in the world to have a bricked N900. my n900 was playing up a little so i thought it might be a good idea to re flash the device with the NSU. the firmware downloaded fine but halfway through the update it just stopped. i left the phone for 3 hours thinking this was normal but obviously its not.

is there a way to unbrick the device at home as i can recall fixing my Girlfriends Iphone through a few hardware combinations which launches hardware recovery mode and all you have to do is select is the firmware. does the N900 have such a feature as this could be a seller for the device?

if there is absolutely no way for my to fix the device at home i will be taking it to the nokia care centre in Melbourne Australian as soon as i wake up to see if they can re-flash it. there will be some kind of warranty issue with me going to the care centre in australia as its an OS model.

do you guys have any other ideas??

if you can help me i will be forever gratefully.

regards Jason

Last edited by felbutss; 2009-11-24 at 09:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
by the way im running windows 7. if i plug-in the device to the PC the charging light stays solid and its vibrates but keeps restarting. if i try to turn the device on it shows nokia on the screen and the white light stays on till the device turns off.

by the way if you guys didnt realise i recieved this device through the nokia cityman contest on blogs.nokia.com

Last edited by felbutss; 2009-11-24 at 09:15.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
You are actually the second one, who posted a thread here with a bricked device. Flashing should normally work. Did you do it exactly as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2ZMyvzg6M?
If yes, you have no other choice, than read what the posters below say. :/

-Albert Camus
If this post was useful, please use the "Thanks"-button and I will do so, when you post something useful.

Last edited by Cherrypie; 2009-11-24 at 11:28.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
You are actually the second one, who posted a thread here with a bricked device. Flashing should normally work. Did you do it exactly as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw2ZMyvzg6M?
If yes, you have no other choice, than try to get a new one. :/
The link is that and dont hear bullshits. There is a way to fix your nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Cherrypie View Post
If yes, you have no other choice, than try to get a new one. :/
If there was a "Thumbs down" button in this forum I'd use it now because that's simply not true what you're writing.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
felbutss: What about trying a second time?

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
lol i cant win another one. imm soo upset. the video you linked to was very very dark i couldnt see what he was doing. i need pritty much a step by step guide on how to do it with flasher lol. i already have the software and i tryed it but it says access denied

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
felbutss: take it from someone who has done horrible horrible things to his tablet during the years. It is hard to really truely brick your device. 95% of the times, you are able to re-flash the OS. Make sure you have original USB cable, for good measure.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
C:\Program Files (x86)\maemo\flasher-3.5>./flasher-3.5 -F <RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.4
2-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin> -f -R
Access is denied.

im getting this every time. what am i doing wrong????

im on windows 7

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
C:\Program Files (x86)\maemo\flasher-3.5>./flasher-3.5 -F <RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.4
2-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin> -f -R
Access is denied.

im getting this every time. what am i doing wrong????

im on windows 7
You're on the right track, use this line:

flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

You may need to run your command prompt as administrator first though. Right click on your command prompt, I think (haven't tested W7 yet)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
lack of quality control