Posts: 90 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Atlanta
does the iphone headphone work for just listening to music only on the n900?

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Adding another problem I have.

Music being played through the speakers will jump up in volume when receiving messages or emails. Itīs quite strange.

Music being played on bluetooth headphones will stutter, play slow or superfast while messages and emails are being received (NOkia BH-905 headsets). Itīs the kind of effect you can do with a tape player and holding fwd or play-and-stop down just a little bit.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Abemelek View Post
does the iphone headphone work for just listening to music only on the n900?
again: if it has microphone you'll hear a very loud noise. if it hasn't, it will be ok.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Is this the same issue / related to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6360 ?

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Is this the same issue / related to https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6360 ?
exactly, I am the reporter (Claudio Mezzasalma)

Since so few people is having this problem, it seems unlikely to me that it's a purely software problem. I decided to ask Nokia for a replace.

there will probably be an adapter coming out somewhere that will reverse the pins for apple compatible headsets to work with the n900 sooner or later. that, or make your own. Unless they can be switched using software...

Originally Posted by lorthirk View Post
Hello all. I received my N900 on monday, but yesterday i discovered an issue with headphones.

- Using Nokia Headphones (WH-205) on N900, the phone simply doesn't recognize them.
- Using iPhone headphones on N900, I can hear phones sound but with really heavy and noisy distortion.
- Using a standard headphone on N900, it works ok.
- Using Nokia Headphones (WH-205) on iPhone, it works ok. --- NOT VALID ANYMORE, SEE POST #3
- Using Nokia A/V cable on N900, it works ok.

So... what are your suggestion? I really can't find who's to blame...
Can anyone advise if there's a workaround or a fix to this problem. My bundled Nokia headset no longer works on my 900 either.

I can't exchange it because it's been longer than 14 days since I bought the phone. The store claims 7 days which this time of year means at least 2 weeks with no phone. No can do.

Is there another phone headset that will work with the N900?

i have similar problrm. headphones works but command buttons on them doesnt and unless i reboot the phone with heasdphones, icon doesnt come on either. command buttons doesnt work when icon is on

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by asidana View Post
i have similar problrm. headphones works but command buttons on them doesnt and unless i reboot the phone with heasdphones, icon doesnt come on either. command buttons doesnt work when icon is on
My headset works okay, but I have to plug the headset 3.5mm jack in quickly to get the status icon to appear. If I plug the headset in slowly, they work, but I don't get the status icon.

If you plug the headset in quickly does the icon now appear?

Rich

Tags
lack of quality control