Hi there,

I have problems related to the camera of the n9. Most of the pictures I take with this camera have a wrong exposure, they are too dark. I always have to manually correct this by applying some exposure compensation - however this doesn't seem to work for me to get brighter images. Strangely, it does work when I apply exposure compensation in order to get even darker images. Anyone else out there who also has this problem?

If you have a great contrast of lighting between the subject and the background, something has to give.
Readjust the composition or focus on an area that is dark (i.e focus on the legs of your "subject") and you should see an improvement. Focusing area and exposure metering are related.

For your matter: No, I can add up to +2EV with visible correction effect.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try! By the way, today I had the chance to take pictures with a Samsung GS2. Although I really love my n9 I have to admit that the image quality of the GS2 was much better. The automatic whitebalance was more accurate, the exposure was just right and the sharpness was impressive... Too bad that the n9 camera isn't that good... :-(

Sadly, another rip-off feature from Nokia.

I've had exactly the same problems. Seems like the exposure correction changes nothing no matter how much you crank it up. This is happening also in non high-contrast situations and the focusing tip does'nt seem to help either. Of course you can allways add brightness and contrast afterwards, but it's not the same thing.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ France 55
Originally Posted by meegofan View Post
Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try! By the way, today I had the chance to take pictures with a Samsung GS2. Although I really love my n9 I have to admit that the image quality of the GS2 was much better. The automatic whitebalance was more accurate, the exposure was just right and the sharpness was impressive... Too bad that the n9 camera isn't that good... :-(
i don't agree, s2 pics are over contrasted, like on most phone.
Watch the pictures on a computer, n9 pics have real color, iphone or s2 are surcolored, just a "waoo" effect...