Active Topics

Thanks for that information, I have been having the same problem with my phone so it is good to know it will be fixed soon

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
'soon' is relative term, fix is not coming in PR1.3, but may or may not come in some maintenance update.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
'soon' is relative term, fix is not coming in PR1.3, but may or may not come in some maintenance update.
That is quite disappointing, especially as it somewhat largely affects the users experience with the phone.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Near Barcelona - From San Francisco
Anything new about this problem? I am on PR1.3 and can't receive texts. Added with all the wazapp issues, I am ready to ditch the phone. I really like it most of the time, but can't really spend so much time with workarounds and fixes as I need it for work...

OTOH, don't really want to go to iOS or Android...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by keatsfan View Post
Anything new about this problem? I am on PR1.3 and can't receive texts. Added with all the wazapp issues, I am ready to ditch the phone. I really like it most of the time, but can't really spend so much time with workarounds and fixes as I need it for work...

OTOH, don't really want to go to iOS or Android...

The earlier users complianed about not receiving emoji's from iPhone but if you are having a total blackout of all texts its advisable to get your micro-sim changed especially if it was a cut from normal sim in the first place...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I receive text messages daily on my N9 and have never had a problem with them. My providers were TMobile and Simple Mobile.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
I have this problem too.. :S What is happening?

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
I already made a topic here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...39#post1267739

But I think it's a different problem...
I DO get the messages, they just don't show up on the conversation as they should immediately... How do I know if I receive them? Simple, I can read a small preview on the notification bar if I was using the phone, or at the lock screen if I just unlocked the screen...

Nothing to do with iPhones either, so I think I'm spamming right now...

Sorry if that's the case..

Later,
Chinoman10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Chinoman10 For This Useful Post:
Put me.down on the list of.persons with this problem.

Is there any dirty fix in the meanwhile? Any file that can be deleted to reset the conversations inbox?

I also see the messages arriving, sometimes up to 4/5 times in a row for the same message, but they only appear as a preview bubble. If I go to conversations they are not there.

Also, I am getting the very old bug where messages appear "merged" under the wrong contact, which can potentially lead to bad problems - and no, no talking about relationships but instead about work related messages.

Originally Posted by Jaco2k View Post
Put me.down on the list of.persons with this problem.

Is there any dirty fix in the meanwhile? Any file that can be deleted to reset the conversations inbox?

I also see the messages arriving, sometimes up to 4/5 times in a row for the same message, but they only appear as a preview bubble. If I go to conversations they are not there.

Also, I am getting the very old bug where messages appear "merged" under the wrong contact, which can potentially lead to bad problems - and no, no talking about relationships but instead about work related messages.
Refer to the topic I've mentioned earlier on my post (right before yours).
I think the problem we both have is different than the rest of these guys, on this thread.
thedead1440 has been extremely helpful in terms of offering solutions to fix the problems, you might want to give them a try

Later,
Chinoman10.