Notices

Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post
Any thoughts about "Delete" in "Now playing"
I'm quite convinced, that this option *shouldn't* be present in "now playing" list. It just don't fit there, not to mention possible confusion with "delete from now playing" and/or misunderstanding what it really does.

Nevertheless, big thank You for update

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Hi, sorry for bothering but since the update it won't play anything, saying "Unable to play media. URI not available." What is URI(I rechecked and it really says this)?

Also it won't show any of my media anymore in audio and video. And before I rebuilt the tracker db, it was showing the numbers and the media but wouldn't play them throwing that URI error.

It played only ONE video once, I don't know why.

And it isn't a problem with my tracker because I rebuilt the thing 3 times at least...

Thanks.

Last edited by Temporal; 2012-03-11 at 19:00.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Dubai , United Arab Emirates
I use Windows Media Player's sharing feature to stream

One problem
album art show different image while playing a song(not original album art)

well thanks for developing omp

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post:
another problem with album arts: i have got 2 albums called "best of" and whatever i do (naming (cover/folder etc) or choosing via long tap on album art) they change simultaneously.
anyway, great player!

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
another problem with album arts: i have got 2 albums called "best of" and whatever i do (naming (cover/folder etc) or choosing via long tap on album art) they change simultaneously.
anyway, great player!
I still have the standard media player and this happens to me.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Is there a way to set maximum scrollspeed in Albums?
Sometimes the albums just scrolls to fast by misstake, enyone experience this?
Its like when you scroll and at the moment when you lift your finger something triggers the scroll to scroll a few pages down in very fast speed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by gidzzz View Post

Any thoughts about "Delete" in "Now playing" or the new searching behavior (when shuffling/adding to now playing/clicking a song, only the search results are taken into account)? Those are the main sources of my mixed feelings about this release.
About search behavior, I liked it the way it was before, choose one and add all the songs... I think if you keep this the way it is now, it would be necessary to get the search bar available also in "Now Playing" so we can have the same function. This last thing I think would be really nice.
I'm missing this feature, it was one of the most used by me...
(If not possible to add search in play list, a setting for that (what I said before) in configuration should be available... )
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Hi, sorry for bothering but since the update it won't play anything, saying "Unable to play media. URI not available." What is URI(I rechecked and it really says this)?

Also it won't show any of my media anymore in audio and video. And before I rebuilt the tracker db, it was showing the numbers and the media but wouldn't play them throwing that URI error.

It played only ONE video once, I don't know why.

And it isn't a problem with my tracker because I rebuilt the thing 3 times at least...

Thanks.
I'm sorry, I don't know how to help you. "URI not available" unfortunately doesn't say much, only that the file could not be accessed, but If you managed to fix problems with Tracker, I'd expect it to go away. I can't see a connection to the latest update, there were no changes to how MAFW and Tracker are handled.

Originally Posted by dipack95 View Post
I use Windows Media Player's sharing feature to stream
Looks like I'll have to finally get my hands on a Windows PC and do some tests, as it's not the first report of problems with WMP.

Originally Posted by Sourav.dubey View Post
One problem
album art show different image while playing a song(not original album art)
Does it match sirpaul's description? If not, can you see some sort of rule which tells on what basis wrong covers are selected?

Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
For some reason Tracker ignores artist info when picking up a cover during a scan. Correcting it in OMP would mean being out of sync with Tracker and it could make other things messy.

Maybe one day I'll take fixing Tracker into my own hands (with multi-cd albums being another thing that cripples OMP), but for now I prefer to focus on the player itself.

Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Sometimes the albums just scrolls to fast by misstake, enyone experience this?
Its like when you scroll and at the moment when you lift your finger something triggers the scroll to scroll a few pages down in very fast speed.
I know what you're talking about, but I'm not aware of any way to set a limit on the scrolling speed.

Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
About search behavior, I liked it the way it was before, choose one and add all the songs... I think if you keep this the way it is now, it would be necessary to get the search bar available also in "Now Playing" so we can have the same function. This last thing I think would be really nice.
I'm missing this feature, it was one of the most used by me...
(If not possible to add search in play list, a setting for that (what I said before) in configuration should be available... )
I think I'll revert the change (maybe with an exception for "All songs"), but only for the situation when a song is clicked. "Shuffle songs" and "Add songs to now playing" will still apply only to songs matching the search criteria. Does it sound reasonable?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gidzzz For This Useful Post:
better support for multi-disc albums and albums with same name (greatest hits) are my major annoyances. as you state it ignores artist which is the cause of the second problem, but also in a cheap hack kind of way fixes compilation albums.

any future work on tracker would be greatly appreciated.maybe as part of an omp v2 release

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse