Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
I'm just norht of London! nice find. which ones do i need? IP4 x 40? do i need any others?

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
If you read the N9 service manual

http://mynokiablog.com/wp-content/up..._L1L2_v1.0.pdf

It suggests that both IP4 and IP5 screws are used, but the ones that everyone strips the heads off are the IP4 ones.

Base on the P&P costs of the previous link I posted I purchased both tools.

I am down in Hampshire if it's any help to you...

-Nic

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
thanks for the offer but i think it would be useful to own a set anyway. thanks for the link! i'm going to order these now!

The Following User Says Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Hi All

I am now the proud owner of a white 64GB N9! I have done the transfer and managed to avoid stripping any screws thanks to the help I got on here!

I bought the wera screwdrivers as above.

I found the T4s very tight to undo but took my time and made sure i was square on and turned slowly. Removed all screws with only a slight slip on one which caused no damage.

They were a little easy to do back up again in the new white housing but became a bit more bitey with the last few turns! Is this why Nokia tell you to throw them away and use new screws?

Very happy with the result!

My old black case was looking very patchy where the matt finish was wearing off.

I'm now not using a case as i feel this contributed to it and with the gloss finish it should hold up better to greese etc!

thanks again for all your help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grazy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia
I'm looking to swap the case of my old N9, this one looks ok? includes all the needed parts?

http://www.ebay.es/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:ES:1123

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post
I'm looking to swap the case of my old N9, this one looks ok? includes all the needed parts?

http://www.ebay.es/itm/ws/eBayISAPI....:X:RTQ:ES:1123

Thanks
looks ok! other than the marking next to speaker? it isnt CE marked? but that maybe specific to europe?

Make sure you use good screw drivers and not the ones that come with that housing (philips one will be ok)

It's not really a question of 'good' screw drivers (although the Wera ones are good quality!), just the correct ones

Torx is not the same as Torx Plus (sometimes referred to as IP)

Torx has a more rounded shape on the star pendents, which is why they slip and cause stripped heads in the Torx Plus screws used in the N9

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
It's not really a question of 'good' screw drivers (although the Wera ones are good quality!), just the correct ones

Torx is not the same as Torx Plus (sometimes referred to as IP)

Torx has a more rounded shape on the star pendents, which is why they slip and cause stripped heads in the Torx Plus screws used in the N9
nice to see a comparison!

I knew there was a difference but didnt know what! I suspect the ones they give you with these ebay auctions are just torq and they are also not of the highest quality. i.e. length, head quality, turning back bit. all these factors reduce the chance of slipping!

and also some companys sell "Nokia" screw drivers that will allow you to open the specific model but are not torq plus!

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 538 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Colombia

And I only broke one of the screws

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munozferna For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by munozferna View Post

And I only broke one of the screws
hola! donde compraste tu carcasa? cuanto te costo? yo tambien la cambie la carcasa al mio e igual fue color blanco, se ve simplemente espectacular!

hi! wher did you buy your housing? how much it costs? i have changed my black housing for another white one! its beautiful!

torx screw drivers (t4 and t5) are tottaly ok if you know how to use it, i dont break any screws and use it in the new housing :-)

plus here in mexico cant find the torx plus screw drivers...

here is my 64gb white nokia n9!
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugon9 For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9, torx screws