Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
The story so far, I basically use my N9 as a dumb phone, calls and texting. Occasionally I will use the maps and the net, pictures and video. I have been able to have my phone last for 3 to 4 days without recharging until last week. For some reason now I can only get a day of use out of the phone even with just texting and several calls. If my phone is inactive over night about half of the battery life can be consumed, where as in the past only several percent would be used.

I installed the battery use app and see that I have idle rate of 28mA. Reading through this forum that does seem a wee bit high. Posters have said that they have around 4 to 8mA.

I have tried restoring the settings under Settings\Reset\RestoreSettings. This seemed to help out for about half a day as the idle consumption dropped down to 8mA after a couple hours and then several hours latter started to climb again settling back at around 28mA by the next day.

I believe if I can bring the idle consumption down it will be possible to get back to the 3 day charge scenario.

So what I was hoping for, is there a way to troubleshoot idle consumption?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanic89 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ Algéria
uninstall the last app you installed

The Following User Says Thank You to nadir_benmaiza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by nadir_benmaiza View Post
uninstall the last app you installed
I haven't installed any apps for months, the problem just recently started and then I installed the battery usage app. I guess anything is worth a go at this stage though cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to shanic89 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery drain, nokia n9