Active Topics

Hi,

I just bought a N9 and updated the firmware.

If the phone is not connected to the internet and I open the mail app it keeps prompting for a connection. This is not a big of a deal but it becomes really annoying if I do the same with the twitter app.

The prompt in fact appears every second (literally, every second) rendering the phone unusable. The only way to stop it is closing all the apps (even closing the Twitter app doesn't solve the issue).

I'm experiencing this when there's no connection whatsoever (and I honestly still have to insert a SIM card).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TCK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ saint lucia
Originally Posted by TCK View Post
Hi,

I just bought a N9 and updated the firmware.

If the phone is not connected to the internet and I open the mail app it keeps prompting for a connection. This is not a big of a deal but it becomes really annoying if I do the same with the twitter app.

The prompt in fact appears every second (literally, every second) rendering the phone unusable. The only way to stop it is closing all the apps (even closing the Twitter app doesn't solve the issue).

I'm experiencing this when there's no connection whatsoever (and I honestly still have to insert a SIM card).
Have that same issue, and am sure lots of other users do too. It keeps asking to connect to the internet and it interrupts everything you do. I have set all my connections to manual in hopes of preventing it from asking, but it still does. Hope PR1.2 fixes it

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I solved mine by disabling push notifications, which is used by apps like ebuddy xms and web2sms.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I solved mine by disabling push notifications, which is used by apps like ebuddy xms and web2sms.
There's report for this, can't recall it damn it, but I hope this was mentioned in the report?
It sounds obvious now that you mention it, but there's a slim chance they're not aware of it.

I tried again, and it does the same if you turn the connection off. It continually prompts you to activate it.

Turning off push notification doesn't solve the issue.

I wasn't able to find this bug here:
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/

Do you know if it has been reported?

This problem (and not being able to use compilations or double albums in music! =P) is really a shame for such a beautiful phone!

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
I don't know if there is a bug report for this. In my case, at first I checked all accounts and applications settings that require internet to work, but still had same problem as you, only till I discover push notifications and disabled totally. I have fb and twitter feeds disabled in events page also as I have no need for them to autoupdate, dunno if this could be the cause though.

what do you mean by double album?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
For those of us who use subways/underground daily this is a major pain in the butt.

The Following User Says Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ran into this while on a trip overseas. I wanted to destroy stuff - it would pop up, interrupt anything I was doing.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Bewildering how this can get through QA testing. It's this basic stuff about the N9 that annoys me. I dont care for added functionalities but just getting the basics working is important.

please somebody files this bug to nokia!