Posts: 58 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Los Angeles
ever since i updated cutetube a couple versions back, i can no longer view my archive in the cutetube player. it opens the default player, which completely reverses the only 1 thing i liked about cutetube. i hate that i can't download audio only. but at least with the built-in player i could lock the screen or do other things and the audio from the video still continued. now that it forces me to use the default player, i have to keep focus on the video. ive looked everywhere i could think of for a setting to change this, but can't find one anywhere. ive even tried going to the archive, clicking on videos, clicking menu, and looking for the "add to playlist" option but that is suddenly gone too. why was this great feature removed? am i doing something wrong? one of the steps i tried to do to correct this was to remove and reinstall cutetube, but now i have 2 cutetube icons! and if i try to delete one, it deletes the other too. and when they are both there, i can only try to delete the first one because the second one doesnt have the X button.

Originally Posted by youngcalihottie View Post
ever since i updated cutetube a couple versions back, i can no longer view my archive in the cutetube player. it opens the default player, which completely reverses the only 1 thing i liked about cutetube. i hate that i can't download audio only. but at least with the built-in player i could lock the screen or do other things and the audio from the video still continued. now that it forces me to use the default player, i have to keep focus on the video. ive looked everywhere i could think of for a setting to change this, but can't find one anywhere. ive even tried going to the archive, clicking on videos, clicking menu, and looking for the "add to playlist" option but that is suddenly gone too. why was this great feature removed? am i doing something wrong? one of the steps i tried to do to correct this was to remove and reinstall cutetube, but now i have 2 cutetube icons! and if i try to delete one, it deletes the other too. and when they are both there, i can only try to delete the first one because the second one doesnt have the X button.
+1 for the default player. I prefer the built-in player since the default player already lists cuteTube's downloaded videos.

When i go to My Channel, and the pop up asks me to login to youtube account nothing happens. It's rather weird :/

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by youngcalihottie View Post
i hate that i can't download audio only.
If you copy the youtube URL of the video you want, paste it into the text field of the following site and it'll provide you a download link for audio only, from memory I think the URL has to be from a desktop version of the youtube page but it'll generate and download to your n9 all the same.

www.youtube-mp3.org

Good idea for an app or added feature for cutetube, I can't see how an app could avoid downloading the video itself to separate audio from video though, that may be a bit self defeating.

Edit: Oh yeah and you can use OVP instead of the default player to play videos in the background like cutetube, not so sure about using it directly from cutetube without making it the default player.

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-04-19 at 05:55.

Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
When i go to My Channel, and the pop up asks me to login to youtube account nothing happens. It's rather weird :/
Yeah hit the little button on the bottom right then select youtube accounts, you have to add your username there then it'll take you to a google page to verify, seems that we can't use cutetube with our youtube accounts without linking our youtube account to a google account any more..... what a shame.

This app is amazing. I just have one annoying bug with it.

Whenever I end the app while its playing a video, audio continues plahing for 2 seconds and stops! Thats fine, but the app just wont launch again till i reboot the phone

Originally Posted by UnlimiteD3k View Post
This app is amazing. I just have one annoying bug with it.

Whenever I end the app while its playing a video, audio continues plahing for 2 seconds and stops! Thats fine, but the app just wont launch again till i reboot the phone
Ah that happens sometimes with OVP aswell, can't say I've seen it in cutetube myself but here's a little workaround for now...
Type "killall cutetube" in the terminal to kill the process without a reboot.

Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Ah that happens sometimes with OVP aswell, can't say I've seen it in cutetube myself but here's a little workaround for now...
Type "killall cutetube" in the terminal to kill the process without a reboot.
I was hoping for a bug fix or something as I don't have developer mode enabled. but thanx for the tip, maybe i'll enable developer mode after all

I'm using cuteTubeQML and when I press play on a video it closes .

Ok now I've experienced cutetube closing when trying to stream a video a few times, so far one time the process didnt close on its own like UnlimiteD3k described, but it was from a crash instead of from closing the app myself.

Tags
cutetube, harmattan, youtube