Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but WhatsApp servers detect Wazapp on N9 as a Symbian version, right? (I'm guessing, since on v0.2.6 you keep getting "new version available for Symbian" messages from them). Is it possible to make it look like it's an Android version? Maybe then you can upload files to their server for media sharing directly?
Im pretty sure whatsapp takes note of your IMEI, which will ultimately tell whatsapp your phone model.

The Following User Says Thank You to nonikhanna For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by nonikhanna View Post
Im pretty sure whatsapp takes note of your IMEI, which will ultimately tell whatsapp your phone model.
hmm, but according to a TAC database.. such as this one: http://imei-number.com/imei-number-lookup/ , our phone comes up as "Nokia N9" which is correct. So how does WhatsApp respond to such IMEIs? Just wondering.. since currently it's detected as Symbian. So perhaps that can help in the media transfer issue.

But if WhatsApp wants, they can just block all N9 IMEIs from connecting entirely, right? That's what I'm worried about.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ India, Canada
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
But if WhatsApp wants, they can just block all N9 IMEIs from connecting entirely, right? That's what I'm worried about.
well they can block all n9 users but that just means less customers for them. why kill business that is coming to you for free. I think the only reason they haven't made app for meego is because they do not want to allocate the resources for a small market. But since we have made our own client, they shouldn't turn away business for no reason.

Heck I am only renewing my whatsapp subscription cuz of wazzap. If not for tgalal and cepi I wouldn't be renewing it.

Hello

I'm also unable to register , sms or voice wont work. That third button just says failed unkown reason.

If there's a solution for this, please add it to the FAQ (first post).

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ruudjepluus View Post
Hi guys, the blue button (location sendig) works perfectly fine on my phone. Is it just me, or is this working for others also?
Is working fine and fast for me!!

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
AFAIK no IMEI is sent. For obvious reasons I cannot comment on how N9 looks like on their servers. Suffice to say, via that road, it cannot be traced.
Now, back to business... I had a nice chat with someone who made a Whatsapp sniffer code as a proof of concept. Basically, confirmed some of my theories.

Files are sent via HTTPS as far as I know. You won't be able to send the same traffic using the same encryption unless you have the private key. I think the way the protocol now works is a user get a certificate from the server using it to encrypt the traffic and sends it to the server, then the server takes the encrypted traffic and sends it to another user where he will be able to decrypt it and view it, and vice versa.

Using the same method we should know how to get a certificate from the server and how to decrypt it and view both traffic.

What I remember from previous versions that where plaintext that files are uploaded to some website (mms server) and sent in a special format that has a header telling the client what you're receiving is in fact a image, and then the image is loaded via the link.

So, yeah, let's try this to send media

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Man, you are genious,

Pliz guys help me,,, l cnt get dt 3 digit code,,, Help me pliz. My code iz +263 and my number is 0773 439 085... help

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
pm me your number and country code

Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Just a friendly notice:
you really shouldn't write your phone number on a public forum.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp