Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I was listening net radio.. and N800 did just turn itself off..

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ USA & BharatVarsh ( INDIA - Kerala ).
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
I was listening net radio.. and N800 did just turn itself off..
I have a Nokia 770, so I speak from that perspective. I think that normally when a few minutes of battery left both the ITs do provide an audible indication regarding this. I f you were busy listening to the Net Radio then you probably missed this audible indication of low battery. I surf the web using my Nokia 770 and whenever the battery is about really low I get an audible signal that this is that case. I would not think of this as an issue.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
It would have been nice if N800 would have turned backlight on and shown warning of low battery. Now it just died. And you know after reading these forums about few problems that some users have had.. When you listen net radio and suddenly your N800 dies..

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
It would have been nice if N800 would have turned backlight on and shown warning of low battery. Now it just died. And you know after reading these forums about few problems that some users have had.. When you listen net radio and suddenly your N800 dies..

It would be nice if you could actually configure how it behaves when the battery is low! The low-battery indicator is ok if you're reading a book or checking a web-site but it's almost worthless when listening to net radio because the time between the warning and the shutdown is so close. Listening to net radio is the most power-intensive thing you can do with your n800 (although VOIP is probably close), so it will run the battery down very quickly; the level it warns you at is too low to give you enough time. Nokia has been very stubborn about releasing information on the actual battery voltage which could allow other programs to give you advance warning/diagnostics.

Larry