Posts: 34 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Rosice, Czech Republic
Exclusive N9 presentation in Prague today!

Alza.cz a.s., Jateční 33, Praha 7 – Holešovice 170 00

Too bad it's in Prague, it would take me 3.5 hours just to get there. For those who do come there is an opportunity to get a hold of an N9 for a while and you should be told exact availability date.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to celebrant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Actually they can't price it that high. The competition is tougher than before. They will push the prices down just like apple did with Mac OS X updates.
Sure they can, if Nokia was not once on contract with Intel I highly doubt they would even release this phone. If they wanted to sell it to the large masses they would not try to overshadow it by the upcoming wp7 handset(s) and make it virtually unobtainable for people in many countries. (I'm with ya folks)

Given the development and funds Nokia put into this device it would not be very profitable. Maybe approx. 1000 euros per device if they can sell all they produce(d) would be nessacery before even a profit can be made. If they did that they would look stupid so they don't, because they probably still care about their image. Besides Nokia has more devices to worry about, the N9 was never meant to take over the world.

I'm getting one anyways

Disclaimer: The previous has been all speculation based on personal experience/estimations.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
can somebody say what bt chip used? because if same as n900/n950 its no way chance we get BT4.0

maybe some newer revision of hw will have it but...
Have you even been reading this thread?
Not my problem if you haven't...
Sorry you'll have to dig-it-up for yourself.
It's only been posted about a dozen times here & elsewhere.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-10 at 11:59.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Wait till it's out (somewhere) & we can actually do detailed comparos, before we question it's value or lack thereof.
Honestly, no one (even N950 owners) really can, until we can do detailed comparos, & we have far more certainty on prices.
Then we can "go to town" on it's value or lack thereof. It's just a pointless exercise at this pont in time....
yeah those rumors is just ridicilous.

now people hopes on:

* Full flash support even if kontorri actually said its not there just on RD image! (licence issues)

* BT4.0 ONLY possible if nokia decided to use new BT chip with dualband. software updates doesnt fix that AFAIK. so again it coould be some RD version having it only.

* fmrx chip exist but WITHOUT antenna means we dont know if it WORKS. woftware updates cant create an antenna

but hopefully we get some answers swedish testpilots next week

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by hotnikkelz View Post
Blackberry bold 9900 works as well, I would much quicker get that.
I would whole heartedly recommend that.
Except that EDoF cameras are great for outdoor shots, but totally sucky for macro shots.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

no... there's no rumours, only facts, so you havent been reading.
too bad...

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Just get an iphone. It simply works.
Hey, yes my Nokia 6120 classic works too, I will give it your for 10 bucks plus postage and handling

The Following User Says Thank You to vivmak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Have you even ben reading this thread?
Not my problem if you havent...
Sorry you'll have to dig-it-up for yourself.
It's only been posted about a dozen times here & elsewhere.
well then I had missed it but if we know the chip support BT4 why the hell is question raised over and over again about if its supported :O

and btw. diging in this bloated thread is just fail. this should be added to the N9 FAQ...

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Sure they can, if Nokia was not once on contract with Intel I highly doubt they would even release this phone. If they wanted to sell it to the large masses they would not try to overshadow it by the upcoming wp7 handset(s) and make it virtually unobtainable for people in many countries. (I'm with ya folks)

Given the development and funds Nokia put into this device it would not be very profitable. Maybe approx. 1000 euros per device if they can sell all they produce(d) would be nessacery before even a profit can be made. If they did that they would look stupid so they don't, because they probably still care about their image. Besides Nokia has more devices to worry about, the N9 was never meant to take over the world.

I'm getting one anyways

Disclaimer: The previous has been all speculation based on personal experience/estimations.
funny is they NEED Nokia n9 cause tthey cant rollout WP in all countrys yet. translations etc...

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Sure they can, if Nokia was not once on contract with Intel I highly doubt they would even release this phone..
Intel contract being the reason is a misnomer...
Nokia was nowhere near migrating fully to that stage yet.
They kept it going because so much had already been invested in it.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-09-10 at 12:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????