Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
18 minutes left until Elop gets fired...
That flash site is SO well programmed : It doesn't refresh automatically, so the timer keeps going, even when the countdown ended!
Attached Images

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Hihu View Post
NOOOOOOO....
http://ensikosketus.nokia.fi/
--------------------------------------------------------
Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at ensikosketus.nokia.fi Port 80
--------------------------------------------------------
ROTFL Elopcalypse part III

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
That flash site is SO well programmed : It doesn't refresh automatically, so the timer keeps going, even when the countdown ended!
Can't wait to see how well programmed the device is once it's in the general public's hands. ...someday.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
^shhhhhhh! you'll jinx it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
has anyone kept track of the confirmed prices? i've been lurking a bit here because works pretty havok lately but only seen some preorder random stuff, nothing concrete.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 188 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Only in one dimension
Not trying to be a douche or anything, but how can something curve in one dimension ??

and for the record, i'm one of those stupid customers who'd like to pay a bit extra in order to receive extra niceness in build-quality. I once tried a 6210 (i think it was) made from metal, and it was horribly nice to the touch!! The costs were apparently astronomical, but that was of course also due to the fact that it was a prototype (don't even think the cover was from nokia)

But i am very sure that the manufactoring costs of N9 is quite a bit higher than most of the droids (only talking "shell" here, not the electrical parts)

to make the screen curve in 3 dimensions is quite a crappy task, as well as making a unibody, compared to a flat screen and just make the darn think hold together using stickers *cough* SE *cough*

IMO nokia has always been in front when it comes to design and durability (sonim doen's count), and thats the main reason i was never quite as fond of samsing d600 as my 7210.

Wether it's the right way to go is up to us, i guess.. Some like to change their phone every six-ten months, and they dont need a phone that can last for three years. i personally think it's crappy when they begin to fall apart after two years.

You may call me insane, but at the end of the day i'd rather have mediocre (IMO sufficient) hardware inside and outstanding hardware outside, than the opposite. If its fluent and swift, then screw the benchmarks, it's still more capable than any droid (minus the fart-apps, haven't tried one that hadn't at least one of those installed)!!

just my .02...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bequezox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bequezox View Post
Not trying to be a douche or anything, but how can something curve in one dimension ??

and for the record, i'm one of those stupid customers who'd like to pay a bit extra in order to receive extra niceness in build-quality. I once tried a 6210 (i think it was) made from metal, and it was horribly nice to the touch!! The costs were apparently astronomical, but that was of course also due to the fact that it was a prototype (don't even think the cover was from nokia)

But i am very sure that the manufactoring costs of N9 is quite a bit higher than most of the droids (only talking "shell" here, not the electrical parts)

to make the screen curve in 3 dimensions is quite a crappy task, as well as making a unibody, compared to a flat screen and just make the darn think hold together using stickers *cough* SE *cough*

IMO nokia has always been in front when it comes to design and durability (sonim doen's count), and thats the main reason i was never quite as fond of samsing d600 as my 7210.

Wether it's the right way to go is up to us, i guess.. Some like to change their phone every six-ten months, and they dont need a phone that can last for three years. i personally think it's crappy when they begin to fall apart after two years.

You may call me insane, but at the end of the day i'd rather have mediocre (IMO sufficient) hardware inside and outstanding hardware outside, than the opposite. If its fluent and swift, then screw the benchmarks, it's still more capable than any droid (minus the fart-apps, haven't tried one that hadn't at least one of those installed)!!

just my .02...
Then you'll love the Nexus Prime... mind you, this is rumored, still...

http://androidandme.com/2011/09/news...metal-chassis/

NEXUS PRIME (aka Samsung I9250, possibly the Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
4.65-inch SuperAMOLED screen
1280 x 720 pixel resolution
8.8 millimeters thick
metal chassis
running Android's Ice Cream Sandwich
arrives in the US by the end of October... supposedly just after the iPhone 5 launch

The relevant portion here... let's see how much this will cost, compared to the N9.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Everyone knows it's not going to be cheap. Remember how Nokia said they are going to spend mountains on Nokia WP ads when it's there?

I was wondering how they could cough up that kinda dough. *grunt* n9 *grunt*

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 188 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Then you'll love the Nexus Prime... mind you, this is rumored, still...

http://androidandme.com/2011/09/news...metal-chassis/

NEXUS PRIME (aka Samsung I9250, possibly the Samsung Galaxy Nexus)
4.65-inch SuperAMOLED screen
1280 x 720 pixel resolution
8.8 millimeters thick
metal chassis
running Android's Ice Cream Sandwich
arrives in the US by the end of October... supposedly just after the iPhone 5 launch

The relevant portion here... let's see how much this will cost, compared to the N9.
Perhaps i will.. curved screen is not enough, though... it's that dualcurving niceness of the n9 i like... and touchbuttons is soo 2000-late, i really hope the droids gets something different soon.. it doesn't feel right, and it takes up too much space.., but yes build-qualitywise it does seem nice (from the petty amount of info, though :P)

the only complaint is a screen of 4.65 inches. if it has a bezel which is 1mm thick i'll manage, otherwise people will think me a pervert with that thing in my pocket :P

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bequezox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bequezox View Post
Perhaps i will.. curved screen is not enough, though... it's that dualcurving niceness of the n9 i like... and touchbuttons is soo 2000-late, i really hope the droids gets something different soon.. it doesn't feel right, and it takes up too much space.., but yes build-qualitywise it does seem nice (from the petty amount of info, though :P)

the only complaint is a screen of 4.65 inches. if it has a bezel which is 1mm thick i'll manage, otherwise people will think me a pervert with that thing in my pocket :P
Actually, as I understood it, since it's running Ice Cream Sandwich, it's not supposed to have any buttons anymore (ala Honeycomb style UI move to remove buttons).

Also, I walk about with a 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab in my pocket all the time. So far, I've never had anyone say they even noticed it. Actually had several Verizon guys try to walk up to me to sell me on tablets whenever I peruse them and then have to show them that I'm already carrying one and listening to my podcasts (since I'm usually wearing my Motorola S305 bluetooth stereo headphones while I walk about the shops).

I'll bet it won't be cheap either, though, but I get the sense it'll still be cheaper (and far better specced.. coming out in a couple of months, possibly) than the N9. It's an incredible shame that Nokia concentrated so hard to lock it down with closed-source and TC/DRM, instead of investing those resources toward getting far more MeeGo compatible open-friendly and competitive components to at least be able to claim to be better than Android or anyone else's offerings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????