I'm picking up on a screenshot made by D4rklar a while back, showing a portrait hildon screen made using rotated widgets

http://d4rklar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d34xus9

Now I've started my own effort by making a vertical QBW flipclock and some shortcuts using DrLaunch, though they are easily do-able in QBW.

The only thing eluding me is how to make vertical text/info widgets..
Are they for real or are they part of the backgroung png?
Attached Images

Last edited by [DarkGUNMAN]; 2010-12-31 at 18:28.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
I'm picking up on a screenshot made by D4rklar a while back, showing a portrait hildon screen made using rotated widgets

http://d4rklar.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d34xus9

Now I've started my own effort by making a vertical QBW flipclock and some shortcuts using DrLaunch, though they are easily do-able in QBW.

The only thing eluding me is how to make vertical text/info widgets..
Are they for real or are they part of the backgroung png?
For QBW you can fiddle with Angle parameter both in Title and Results Image/Text settings.
Ciao!

Thanks for the pointer! its working a charm.
I've made a new set of PNGs for the flipclock based off brushed aluminium set to make them fit in one flip to save space.
Add a couple of live qbws for data and IP to fill in the background and its starting to look somewhat familiar....

I'm also trying to find a good online weather service to create a portrait weather widget. There are better ones that are html only which I would like to try and adapt for qbw. The html widget from Yahoo is good. Is there a way of running html code on the desktop?
Attached Images

Last edited by [DarkGUNMAN]; 2010-12-31 at 18:51.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:
I've made a new set of PNGs for the flipclock based off brushed aluminium set to make them fit in one flip to save space.
Add a couple of live qbws for data and IP to fill in the background and its starting to look somewhat familiar....

I'm also trying to find a good online weather service to create a portrait weather widget. There are better ones that are html only which I would like to try and adapt for qbw. The html widget from Yahoo is good. Is there a way of running html code on the desktop?
Sorry ... no html code inside QBWs ... just some basic formatting tags as per Pango Markup Language.

Thank you for your help. Got two more questions if you are able to

First, if pango markup is used.. is it possible to change the size and font of results on the command line so one line may appear bigger than the next result?

Also, I have read it is possible to rotate a widget based on keyboard slide and orientation.. I'm not well versed in ths area so would it be possible to get a step-by-step guide?
Does the code need to be in each widge or does it only need one hidden qbw to rotate them all?

Thank you for your help. Got two more questions if you are able to

First, if pango markup is used.. is it possible to change the size and font of results on the command line so one line may appear bigger than the next result?

Also, I have read it is possible to rotate a widget based on keyboard slide and orientation.. I'm not well versed in ths area so would it be possible to get a step-by-step guide?
Does the code need to be in each widge or does it only need one hidden qbw to rotate them all?
here's some pango xmpl

See this "Study" as well

someone here hopes for a tutorial...

I had a look through the world cup widget. My knowledge of awk is non-existent so it will take a good while before I'm ready to play with it.. grep regex is still challenging me.

Is it possible to use markup in echo or grep commands?
If not, could you please spare some time to gently introduce us on how use awk?

Last edited by [DarkGUNMAN]; 2011-01-08 at 15:45.

Figured out how to use markup in the reults from command line. Applied it to the yahoo weather widget to show the main temperature. Learning more about this every day!
Next on the list.. orientation and widget location/resize to get icons to move to landscape/portrait configuration.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [DarkGUNMAN] For This Useful Post:

how can i get this thing on my n900 ?????? help me please i cant wait to see this thing on mhy n900 need step by step guide please