Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So how long between announcement to release for n900 or other newly released phones? I thought elop planned to minemize the space between the announcement to availability in stores. Now I want it next month...
someone posted about sweden getting it 23rd september. can't find the post with the info though. could be all regions same date or different dates for regions. i'd say september is a good guess.

The Following User Says Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
that article is wrong in many ways. was written prior to the Singapore event. think the post is somewhere in the other thread about the swedish 23rd release
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/22/n9-to-hit-sweden-september-23rd/

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
So how long between announcement to release for n900 or other newly released phones? I thought elop planned to minemize the space between the announcement to availability in stores. Now I want it next month...
Here in Finland many many web sites have N9 banners "N9 coming soon". I think and hope (as said somewhere) after one month it will be available. First 16 GB version, then the 64 GB version.

Last edited by Metsämies; 2011-06-24 at 14:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metsämies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
that article is wrong in many ways. was written prior to the Singapore event. think the post is somewhere in the other thread about the swedish 23rd release
http://mynokiablog.com/2011/06/22/n9-to-hit-sweden-september-23rd/
http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/22/n...-awkwardly-tr/

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
Here in Finland many many web sites have N9 banners "N9 coming soon". I think and hope (as said somewhere) after one month it will be available. First 16 Gt version, then the 64 Gt version.
Yeah it seems like 16GB is available first.
Or that's what verkkokauppa.com is at least hinting by removing red and blue 64GB versions away from the preorder.... though black 64 GB is still there for some reason.

Though if the WP rumor is true we are waiting for months.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
I absolutely love the N9. I will buy it, be happy with the great looking UI, the expected great camera, the deep integration of twitter and facebook and the fun I will have finding software here or somewhere else to tweak it. I really love this device. The UI, in my mind, is the best one I have ever seen.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NOMOS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
another news...
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/...or-failure.ars

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Yeah it seems like 16GB is available first.
Or that's what verkkokauppa.com is at least hinting by removing red and blue 64GB versions away from the preorder.... though black 64 GB is still there for some reason.

Though if the WP rumor is true we are waiting for months.
I have read somewhere that the 64GB will be available only in black where as the 16GB can be bought in three colors.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
2. it can play flash videos, but not in the browser
Are you sure about this? Do you have any source? I'd be very grateful if you could confirm that the N9 can play videos from megavideo, videobb and other similar sites.

Last edited by Cassio; 2011-06-24 at 15:06.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Isn't it funny that the more mr. Elop does not want me to buy it, the more anctious I'm becoming about getting one

After this one, I can sit back and enjoy another 2 years of technical progress before worrying about the next device. I now realize that I am not specifically looking for a upgraded N900 because that 'ol rascal will still be in our posession after we buy the new toy. Having a N9 besides a N900 would be a perfect combination for me.

In many cases the N9 will fill gaps that we missed in our n900s, but at the same time use the N900 like you would carry a swiss army knife besides your phone. Examples? VNC, IR, web flash player, document writing. Considering I am an end-user, I can imagine the usages of the N900 for many people here on Maemo.org

I doubt you would give your current tabletphone the same drawer treatment as your phones before that. It's not like Apple where every successor makes the previous version pretty much obsolete.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????