Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I'm still on the fence about which place to keep the pre-order with... i canceled with exapansys and now i have a standing pre-order with celluloco which i trust ( others may not but it is accredited by other note worthy sites such as Cnet) but i have always used amazon for all my online shopping.

thoughts,

EDIT: also is everyone sure that amazon wont draft my account as soon as in hit the proceed button... ( i never pre-ordered before with them)

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-09-16 at 23:22.

Originally Posted by misticjeff View Post
Worked beautifully!!

I canceled my Nokia order and ordered from Amazon:
$588.99US
$ 15.99US Shipping (Overnight)
================
$604.98 Total

A $100 savings from the Nokia store. Not too concerned if I have to wait longer(should that be the case).

Thanks for the great info. and phone number.
I hope it works out for you. When I called Nokia they said that they guarantee authentic Nokia made devices. Does this mean that if ordered from NokiaUSA then you get the Finnish made units and then if you order from Amazon you get the Chinese manufactured units?

wow even better on this site 498.99 is that a typo, i hope its a typo, I have never heard about this site though.
oh well I have already placed one with amazon I think I will stick with that. But the pricing on this is the best you can find. But this says expected delivery october 29th.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Rhode Island
Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
EDIT: also is everyone sure that amazon wont draft my account as soon as in hit the proceed button... ( i never pre-ordered before with them)
i am 100% sure they won't charge you until it ships. i pre-ordered a few hours ago and no charge (and i've pre-ordered stuff before with no preemptive charge).

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
I'm still on the fence about which place to keep the pre-order with... i canceled with exapansys and now i have a standing pre-order with celluloco which i trust ( others may not but it is accredited by other note worthy sites such as Cnet) but i have always used amazon for all my online shopping.
Anyone from Canada tried a pre-order with them?
It seems I can't even try to choose i shipping method on the google checkout page and thus I don't know how much cheaper it would be than expansys...

Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
I hope it works out for you. When I called Nokia they said that they guarantee authentic Nokia made devices. Does this mean that if ordered from NokiaUSA then you get the Finnish made units and then if you order from Amazon you get the Chinese manufactured units?
Huh? No, it does not. I've bought devices from Nokia USA that were made in China. So if your primary reason to buy from Nokia USA is to get a Finland made device and paying extra money in the process, I would say that there's a good chance that you'll be disappointed since it's not guaranteed.

Originally Posted by texaslabrat View Post
What was the procedure you used? I'd like to do the same and it would be helpful to have a cookie-cutter pseudo-script to go by given the difficulties folks have had in the past. Thanks in advance

Edit: just called and cancelled. Just to be sure there wasn't some "competitive vendor" anti-cancel clause, when they asked me the reason for cancelling I told them it was the lack of MMS capability LOL. For those who were following the N900 v Iphone thread, you'll find that amusing/ironic.
I'm telling on you. Using a fake reason to cancel an order. Tsk tsk.

Originally Posted by BadMojoUT View Post
I'm telling on you. Using a fake reason to cancel an order. Tsk tsk.
whatever it takes

Got to resist the urge ... I keep opening the Amazon page and have to force myself to close it back. I want to wait for prices to fall further - maybe a month after release I will jump in.

Does anyone thing one month (after release) should bring it closer to $500 or sub $500 ?

GAH, this isn't helping me with my wish to wait till next year to buy it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...