Hey all, well I was just wondering that maybe I should send in my rebate form to claim my $50 ... I pre-ordered the phone before Nov 16 (on Oct 2), but my card got charged on 12/4. Also, as far as i know, the invoice is not required for the rebate (its not mentioned anywhere to include that the package that you mail them), so I think people who pre-ordered before Nov 16 should be fine. So has anyone sent the rebate in ?

I canceled my pre-order and re-ordered once news of the rebate stuff came out "just in case". I hope it works out for those who pre-ordered prior to the 16th though...would be pretty crappy of Nokia to screw those people who are arguably Nokia's best customers.

Which rebate form is this? Is this specific to the vendor you purchased from or is the rebate available to everyone who purchased prior to November 16?

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Washington, DC
There is a $50 rebate available for any N900 purchased between Nov. 16 and Dec. 31 in the US, which is why the OP is asking about anyone trying it with a phone purchased before that date to see if they were successful.

Here is a link to the rebate form:

Nokia USA N900 rebate form

The Following User Says Thank You to FiSHBoY For This Useful Post:
For the rebate, do we just cut out the UPC from the box? Also how do we activate the ovi store, if its not yet available?

My problem is that I'm leaving the country the on the 15th for holidays and by the time i come back the rebate time would be over ... so i need to send it now

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Invoice is required, it's in the small print. If you ordered on Amazon the date you pre-ordered is the date that will be on the invoice, not the actual date in which your card was charged. We already went over this in great detail, just use the search button and all your questions will be answered.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
For the rebate, do we just cut out the UPC from the box? Also how do we activate the ovi store, if its not yet available?
You can create the ovi store/maps account without the phone. You just have to supply your ovi username on the rebate form.

I created ovi store for the n900 and ovi maps for the N97 both of which i submitted rebates for...

Originally Posted by MrWh1t3 View Post
You can create the ovi store/maps account without the phone. You just have to supply your ovi username on the rebate form.

I created ovi store for the n900 and ovi maps for the N97 both of which i submitted rebates for...
where do we create an account? can we just print out the invoice, thats how newegg is.