Posts: 21 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SoCal, USA
Originally Posted by gregc2009 View Post
Was the Palm able to utilize Flash content on websites? Grant it, I didn't need it for my exercise that evening, but it did make it easier to see the results of my fax line testing.
I guess it might be able to work on the LifeDrive...with the NetFront browser installed, but not with the native Blazer browser.

Oh, and it could be a more enjoyable experience with the full sized Palm IR folding keyboard, especially in pssh. I wish the IR keyboard was compatible with the N900, but I guess the device uses a different kind of IR. So for now, I am using my laptop to ssh and VNC to my N900 and use maemo/Easy Debian/GarnetVM(PalmOS) and make phone calls over my bluetooth stereo headset! Gee whiz! That's just multitasking crazy talk and getting nothing done to boot!

Mike

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
I ssh into my N900 often to in turn ssh from it over the openVPN to our remote office to administrate their system. Seems silly, but I never found the need to put the VPN on my workstation. Why do it? Because I can.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Before I bought the n900 I was using my Tungsten T3.
It is such a good device - I bought an office suite for it and downloaded a PDF viewer for it. Also made a great music player too.

What really annoys me at the moment is there is still no office suite that can edit files for the n900 yet.

I had that years ago on my T3!

BTW: The T3 had an under-clocked cpu (400mhz) running at 250mhz?
You could download a utility to run the T3 at 400mhz (it's specced speed).

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SoCal, USA
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
What really annoys me at the moment is there is still no office suite that can edit files for the n900 yet.
Yeah, nothing really native, but you can try Docs to Go or other office apps in GarnetVM, especially since you paid for them for your PalmOS device:

http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/

I use OS2008, which works fine so far...except for bike or die, but that's not a big deal. There are instructions elsewhere on this forum.

Or you can try Easy Debian with OpenOffice. It will teach you patience!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian

Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to miked1541 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by miked1541 View Post
Yeah, nothing really native, but you can try Docs to Go or other office apps in GarnetVM, especially since you paid for them for your PalmOS device:

http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/

I use OS2008, which works fine so far...except for bike or die, but that's not a big deal. There are instructions elsewhere on this forum.

Or you can try Easy Debian with OpenOffice. It will teach you patience!

http://wiki.maemo.org/Easy_Debian

Mike
Patience and I just don't mix (like oil and water)!
Openoffice when run natively tests the limits of my patience, you can imagine my reaction when I tried Openoffice under Easy Debian!

In fact this picture will give you an idea:

I'l try the Garnet emulator but I woud have to make sure I can optify it because I own the n900.

The N900 is the best electronic I bought. I dont really use it as a phone anymore (i got the e73 mode for that). To me its a great everything device. I use mine to surf the internet, download files, listen to my music, read comic books and ebooks etc. And I love being a test dumby for the apps in extra dev repository. When it comes to apps on the N900 quality over quantity. To me the apps on the it are more quality then Android and Iphone.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Forest of Dean, England.
Apple iphone and ipad are awesome devices. I've used them. They are.

Nokia N900 is better than iphone and ipad.

Plus I like Nokia as a company and what they stand for.

Thus Nokia N900 is best device end of.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
i love my N900 and may god bless nokia!!

ps iphone my ***

thank if you agree :P

I hate and love my N900.

I hate it when:

-sound stutters, when playing music/recieving a message
-display animations are choppy
-application manager takes minutes to start up (just to remove a program)
-application manager hangs the phone while it's checking for updates and downloads 12 megabytes while roaming
-animated GIF files don't play in photo app (a thing my N95 8GB could do)
-apps have dependancies I cannot find
-(and more...)

But I JUST LOVE IT when:

-it plays flash (movies) and shows web pages as intended (e.g. not the mobile version)
-it streams satellite (DVB-S) video from my DM500S to KMplayer
-I navigate with Sygic MM, switch to a web page to copy an adress while the phone streams music to my Sony MEXBT3600 radio, and someone calls me
-I answer a call and see a moving image in the bottom left corner of my eye, then realize a friend is calling me via skype and turn on the cam to send my video
-friends chat to me via skype IM / facebook chat / ICQ / MSN and think I am behind a PC
-I create a wifi hotspot for someone on his/her laptop and a file is downloaded @ 100+ KB/
-playing some NES/SNES games on TV with a friends WIImote
-I put in my spare BL-5J battery while others have a dead iphone and cannot recharge (e.g. on festivals)
-I read on nokian900applications.com what other things this phone can do!
-(and much more)

In short the multitasking, integration of social networks, useful apps/tweaks, hi-res screen,h/w keyboard etc etc

My N900 is just great!

This is my Mini Computer and for call i just use my N96.