Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
So. would you (frals) say that it's a good thing to wait for 0.9.5??

/oxpo
Well, all 0.9.x so far are quite broken (0.9.4 the least so), so doesn't really matter... 0.9.4 should work for more people than 0.9.3!

0.9.5 aka "oh god please let the damn dialog work like it should now" has been uploaded, should appear in -devel soonish!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Using 0.9.5.

I have no problems with the dialog box on configuration. I can also get in and out of the Advanced dialog box.

Just sent an MMS on T-Mobile USA at 1024 pixels. Looks great.

0.95 doesn't work. Just trying to download MMS and then failed. I can't save my proxy port and that might be the problem. There is also new APN "MMS" in my connections menu, did fMMS automatically made this?

The Following User Says Thank You to matties For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by matties View Post
0.95 doesn't work. Just trying to download MMS and then failed. I can't save my proxy port and that might be the problem. There is also new APN "MMS" in my connections menu, did fMMS automatically made this?
Yes, fMMS automatically created that

What are you trying to input in the proxyport field? Can you send me the log? Thanks!

After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900

I'm trying to input 8080 which is Saunalahti proxyport number. fMMS 0.94 worked fine for me when I was using my own made APN "Saunalahti MMS"

Bug found and fixed, thanks for reporting.

Workaround:

gconftool-2 -s --type int /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/z_fMMS-APN/proxy_http_port 8080

in the terminal

fMMS - MMS for your N900

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Bug found and fixed, thanks for reporting.

Workaround:

gconftool-2 -s --type int /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/z_fMMS-APN/proxy_http_port 8080

in the terminal
Thanks! Problem solved!

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
I am running fMMS in Havoc mode. Absolutely no problems!
  • Received AT&T sourced MMS on T-Mobile US
  • Sent successfully T-Mobile US sourced MMS to AT&T subscriber
Now can open and save my received attachments by applying light pressure to the image for several seconds and doing the normal save routine in the image viewer utility.

This is truly one of the GREAT apps of this community. I use MMS a lot and now I can use it like I am used to using it. Thank you for all of your hard work.

I can only imagine your frustration in working over this code and finding that it works without a flaw on some machines, like mine, and creates all sorts of problems on other machines.

For what it is worth, this is what "HealthCheck" has to say about my N900
Firmware Version: 3.2010.02 - PR 1.1.1
Kernal core Info: 803ca258 1000
N900 Board: Nokia RX-51 board
Processor Information: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v7l)

This is a known working with fMMS configuration and I have no idea if this is what all N900s report or if there is some variation or if there is other information that is important that I am missing.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spokane, WA
Haven't tested this for a while. I applied your work around, set res to 1024 and havoc. Sent one out and it worked great!

0.9.6 aka "The config dialog redesign seemed like a good idea..." released. Hopefully that god forsaken dialog is now fixed, for real.

fMMS - MMS for your N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python