Hi folks well here is yet again the dreaded wont turn on n800 problem.

I got my N800 today at lunch time, and out of the box it turned on once to after i installed the battery, pluged in charger and booted up.

Thats it never turns on unless i remove the battery for 5mins or leave the charger plugged in.

I know this has been covered over and over again, but what do i do here. I installed it2008 with no change.

I had exact same problem on my 770 after i installed the hacker edition of it2007 but i could fix the problem downgrading to it2006.

No such luck with the N800!

I have not even had the thing 12hrs and already i have installed,reinstalled IT2007 - IT2008 back and forth several times and there is no change.

Its getting me really mad now, so do i send the unit back and pray i get a good one or hope a software update to the power management side of things fixes this in the very near future?

tried all the tips n tricks but nothing gets it going again exept battery removal.

What do i do ??

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Steph69 View Post
Hi folks well here is yet again the dreaded wont turn on n800 problem.
I know this has been covered over and over again, but what do i do here.
Its getting me really mad now
What do i do ??
You already did it. You start a new thread instead of adding to an existing one because somehow you think your problem is more important than the ones already reported. And make sure your thread title just grabs attention and doesn't describe the problem. That way you can get more attention and piss off people like me that don't understand why your ego drove you to do this. Happy?

Last edited by technut; 2007-12-29 at 04:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
I too would like a solution. Waiting for Nokia to reply to my email. Seams like this is happening to every single person who has got there N800 from Christmas +..weird. I'm not going to return mine because I'm guessing that there is a 99% chance of me getting one with the same problem.

Hope there is some "patch" that will fix this asap.

Am i happy, when an arsehole post a repy like yours then id have to say no.

if you have no construtive comments then under the bridge again please troll.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Am i happy, when an arsehole post a repy like yours then id have to say no.

if you have no construtive comments then under the bridge again please troll.
Yeah, yeah, you'd understand if you spent a lot of time trying to help people out here. All we want if a little effort put forth on your part (searching) to match our own.

Technut has a point, but anyway... I had this exact problem, but installed the latest OS2008, no problems since-except the waiting a few seconds after turning it off to turn it on again.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
And so yet another thread about power-on issues gets rolling. Thank god for that!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by technut View Post
And so yet another thread about power-on issues gets rolling. Thank god for that!
Woo! Party!

For serious. It's been answered elsewhere. That's why I tend to lurk moar before posting

The Following User Says Thank You to /*Eddie*/ For This Useful Post:
What do i do ??
Does the blue LED come on at all while you hold the power button?