Active Topics

Hi there,

I have a very frustrating situation here. I always wanted a Nokia N9, so three months ago I bought one from China through Ebay. It arrived yesterday. Yes, three months to get here. Ok, I turn it on and it boots nicely. Then I tried to circuvemt all the problems this dead platform has, one of them being able to synchronize my Gmail (no, I couldn't get it to work). One of the steps was to add new repos and then activate Developer Mode. It sat there installing a bunch of stuff totalling more or less 2.5 MB, then the screen goes black and nothing more. I tried to boot it up again, the LED turns on for a second, like normal, but there is no vibration and nothing appears on screen. After that if I try to turn it on nothing happens, I must press and hold for about 8 seconds to it try to boot up again, with same results. It's like it's in a limbo. I checked it with Flasher -i, it said I had the 001 variant, so I proceed to flash the 003 variant. Everything went nicely on the flashing side. Now when I try to turn it on, sometimes it does the same as before (LED goes on for a second, then off, then nothing) or the notification AND the flash LEDs starts to blink erratically, like a desktop HDD LED. I took it apart to remove the battery and check all the connections. Everything was good, so I got it together again. Now an even more interesting bit: when I connect the battery, it always and immediately turns the notification and flash LEDs on and starts to blink erratically.

I don't know what more to do.

Any advice?

It's a 059L4M9, 16Gb Black one.

Thx in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to TerminusEst For This Useful Post:
Don't know where you are in the world but wonder why you chose to flash firmware from Europe 001 to China 003. Hope that you fully charged battery before commencing, but you can always use "flasher" to charge the battery sufficiently. Hope that you get it going again. but don't introduce so many variables one after another without checking the result.

Were you using Ancelad's n9repomirror 0.6.0 or 0.7.2?

Honestly, I don't even remember which repo, but if I saw the two options I would go for 0.7.2.

Just to know for sure, there are only two files that can be flashed, the Rootfs and Emmc ones, right?

CMT, TAR, Kernel, MCU and the rest do not need to be of the exact same series and the Rootfs, right?

Bump? No one knows the answer? Right now it's blinking both flash and notification LEDs and not powering up.