Notices

Hi,

I'm so happy with this app. I work for college media center, and we have bunch of old TVs (panasonic, sony, toshiba, sharp, and so on)
I had a chance to test this app to the old TVs in the classrooms.

This app works like a charm!
Few classrooms' remotes were missing, so I couldn't adjust an input channel or input setting to VCR player. But, now I'm able to control almost every TVs without any problem! I don't even need to manually download TV settings anymore because this app already has preinstalled TV sets. This app makes my work very easy!

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by springwork View Post
I'm so happy with this app. I work for college media center, and we have bunch of old TVs (panasonic, sony, toshiba, sharp, and so on)
I had a chance to test this app to the old TVs in the classrooms.

This app works like a charm!
Good to hear! And hey, if you don't mind, you're in a perfect position to help out Pierogi as well -- whenever you get a chance, can you take note of the model number of a few of these TVs, and the Pierogi keyset that works with them? I'm in the strange position of having access to a lot of remote control codes without actually knowing what devices they work with... We've actually set up a Compatible Devices List here, where you can enter device model numbers under the corresponding keyset names. Thanks!

@Sixwheeledbeast: Thank you for catching that! I really need to stop coding while half-asleep. More enhancements are on the way, if I can keep myself awake long enough to code them up...

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Good to hear! And hey, if you don't mind, you're in a perfect position to help out Pierogi as well -- whenever you get a chance, can you take note of the model number of a few of these TVs, and the Pierogi keyset that works with them? I'm in the strange position of having access to a lot of remote control codes without actually knowing what devices they work with... We've actually set up a Compatible Devices List here, where you can enter device model numbers under the corresponding keyset names. Thanks!

@Sixwheeledbeast: Thank you for catching that! I really need to stop coding while half-asleep. More enhancements are on the way, if I can keep myself awake long enough to code them up...
Sure! I will definitely make a note on the Wiki for you. This app is one of the most interesting apps for my N900. Since I work for instruction media, we're dealing with all kinds of old CRT TVs. I'm so surprised that this app works like a charm for old TVs. Thank you for making this apps. My work is much easier than before with this app.

Last edited by springwork; 2012-03-09 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to springwork For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Pondokcina AX (Jawa Barat ID)
I'm sorry... Is it compatible with toshiba TV? My remote type: CT-90336.
Terimakasih....

Originally Posted by waiku View Post
Is it compatible with toshiba TV? My remote type: CT-90336.
It should be -- as far as I have seen, all Toshiba TVs are using the same IR protocol and the same device code (although some of their command codes differ). The Toshiba TV keysets in Pierogi should cover most of the Toshiba TVs out there. I hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Awesome app will this support a YORK A/C? the model of mi remote is GZ-12A-E1

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by devian View Post
According to the request wiki YORK A/C has been requested but not completed.

Try all the current A/C Keysets if they don't work then i'm sure, if possible, Copernicus will rustle them up in a future update.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by devian View Post
As Sixwheeledbeast mentioned, I have been looking for the codes for York, but not finding them. I have, however, just found some hints as to the protocol used by the Daikin line of air conditioners; I'll see if I can get that into Pierogi, and perhaps that will work with York as well...

Oh cool I'll take a look Thanks

Are you going to include keysets for Blu ray players?.

Greetings.

Tags
infrared, pasta, remote, remote control