Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Is anyone still working on FreOffice or any chance to see Calligra Active for N900?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
calligra 2.4 is now out, can we expect any news on the N9/N900 versions?

JBT

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
calligra 2.4 is now out, can we expect any news on the N9/N900 versions?

JBT
That would be interesting. FreOffice never really turned into anything usable before development apparently stopped.

i cant view my document...
after it load my document for a sec, freoffice closed... anyone help ?

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
i cant view my document...
after it load my document for a sec, freoffice closed... anyone help ?
Recently I reported the same problem, but I could not fix it, I thought it was a problem with the system since I had a bug that was fixed.
The only way to run freoffice is this:

Code:
root
FreOffice
if you do not log in as root segment fault throws you, you can confirm this on x-terminal

The Following User Says Thank You to D@vIcHoJD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
Recently I reported the same problem, but I could not fix it, I thought it was a problem with the system since I had a bug that was fixed.
The only way to run freoffice is this:

Code:
root
FreOffice
if you do not log in as root segment fault throws you, you can confirm this on x-terminal

omg !!! thx !!! it works by doing ur way .... but i everytime i want to view my document i have to open via terminal? :C...

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Ecuador
Originally Posted by Cow View Post
omg !!! thx !!! it works by doing ur way .... but i everytime i want to view my document i have to open via terminal? :C...
If that is the problem, now we have to launch the application from the x-terminal, until someone correct the problem or wait until caligra be compiled for our N900.

You could also use LibreOffice by Easy Debian, is added in the
image´s Estel, in qole.org/files
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34550&page=268
or use Documents to Go.

Last edited by D@vIcHoJD; 2012-04-20 at 17:02.

Originally Posted by D@vIcHoJD View Post
If that is the problem, now we have to launch the application from the x-terminal, until someone correct the problem or wait until caligra be compiled for our N900.

You could also use LibreOffice by Easy Debian, is added in the
image´s Estel, in qole.org/files
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34550&page=268
or use Documents to Go.
thx... u are really helpfull

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
hay guys any ways to open freoffice without going to x terminal?? cuz shortcut just opens freoffice and wen i select a file to open it suddenly closes.

I'm getting strange error. First of all freoffice installation required kofficemeego (hope this is not a bug as with libxau) then trying to open (prolly 2007 word format, not sure) .doc got this:

Code:
startkdeinitlock(5170) KoFilterEntry::query: KoFilterEntry::query( ""  )
startkdeinitlock(5170) MSWordOdfImport::convert: ######################## MSWordOdfImport::convert ########################
trying to create local folder /libkok: Permission denied
startkdeinitlock(5170) KoZipStore::KoZipStore: KoZipStore Constructor filename = ""  mode =  1  mimetype =  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"
Segmentation fault
Tried with sudo to avoid the permission denied and except for totally different file chooser it crashed, but much later:

Code:
startkdeinitlock(5227) MSWordOdfImport::convert: ######################## MSWordOdfImport::convert ########################
startkdeinitlock(5227) KoZipStore::KoZipStore: KoZipStore Constructor filename = "/libkok/tmp/startkdeinitlockSL5227.tmp"  mode =  1  mimetype =  "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text"
startkdeinitlock(5227) MSWordOdfImport::convert: created storeout.
startkdeinitlock(5227) MSWordOdfImport::convert: created oasisStore.
startkdeinitlock(5227) MSWordOdfImport::convert: created temp contentWriter and bodyWriter.
startkdeinitlock(5227) KWordTextHandler::fieldStart: Warning: unrecognized field type, ignoring! 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
startkdeinitlock(5227) Paragraph::applyParagraphProperties: Unhandled tab justification code:  6 
HMMM 0 0 
startkdeinitlock(5227) Paragraph::applyParagraphProperties: Unhandled tab justification code:  6 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
HMMM 0 0 
startkdeinitlock(5227) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KOffice/Dock"  not found 
startkdeinitlock(5227) KoColorSet::init: Illegal Gimp palette file:  "krita/palettes/40_Colors.gpl" 
startkdeinitlock(5227) KoColorSet::init: Illegal Gimp palette file:  "krita/palettes/40_Colors.gpl" 
QCursor: Cannot create bitmap cursor; invalid bitmap(s)
startkdeinitlock(5227) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "KOffice/Text-EditingPlugin"  not found 
Segmentation fault
Kofficemeego replaces kofficemaemo supposedly, is that supposed to error out like that?
Any help would be appreciated.