Notices

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
Downloaded FreOffice
Created new document
Typed "This is a test"
Result onscreen: "Thisisatest"
Space bar does not produce a space
Another one with this issue. PR1.3 (Multi?) in Spanish. This is the main aspect keeping me away from in fact "using" it...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Martinsicuro, Abruzzo, Italy
The new version (0.3-0) doesn't start
http://maemo.org/packages/view/freoffice/

Originally Posted by alextootchie View Post
The new version (0.3-0) doesn't start
http://maemo.org/packages/view/freoffice/
That's new as in released a month and a half ago, before the PR1.3 release. Go up the thread a few posts and you'll see a new release is due Real Soon Now...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Bristol, UK
@ alextootchie : I got the same problem.
@ TomJ : 0.3-0 has just been released yesterday 14, Nov.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Ok, Just updated to 0.3-0, I must say UI is quite improved, and "spaces" issue is solved. Now, Just can't get ¡ And ¿ Characters, which I have mapped to Shift+Fn+! and ? respectively...
Anyway, I think this is going pretty much better release to release.
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
Ok, Just updated to 0.3-0, I must say UI is quite improved, and "spaces" issue is solved. Now, Just can't get ¡ And ¿ Characters, which I have mapped to Shift+Fn+! and ? respectively...
Anyway, I think this is going pretty much better release to release.
I upgraded and it complains that it's missing the libkspreadodf.so.7 shared library.

If you got it working, do you mind running from the terminal:
dpkg-query -S /usr/lib/libkspreadodf.so.7

so I can know from which package it came from?

@Alextootchie
Are you launching from a shortcut? If you are delete it and make or new one, or just try launching from the menu. That might be the problem.

Also I've got to agree with everyone else, a good release. Works much better in terms of bugs (editor is usable hooray!) and the UI is much more friendly. Will need further testing to check all the other stuff, but so far I'm impressed.

Edit; Problems opening presentation files- crashes the program. Also is it possible to change the default folder the program automatically opens on start?

Last edited by Surreptitious; 2010-11-15 at 07:28.

Originally Posted by Surreptitious View Post
@Alextootchie
Are you launching from a shortcut? If you are delete it and make or new one, or just try launching from the menu. That might be the problem.

Also I've got to agree with everyone else, a good release. Works much better in terms of bugs (editor is usable hooray!) and the UI is much more friendly. Will need further testing to check all the other stuff, but so far I'm impressed.

Edit; Problems opening presentation files- crashes the program. Also is it possible to change the default folder the program automatically opens on start?
I am also unable to open the application after the recent upgrade, it never opens after pressing the Freoffice logo in the Applications list?

Any ideas what's wrong?

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
The Segmentation Fault is still existed after opening a document with FreOffice.

Originally Posted by littleSev View Post
@ alextootchie : I got the same problem.
@ TomJ : 0.3-0 has just been released yesterday 14, Nov.
mea culpa: I read the date on the first mention of 0.3-0, not the one further down the page.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...