Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
so all of you are viewing word documents without blank pages?

May someone please say what magic you used for it.

in other words my prolblem STILL isn't solved.
What do i have to do or change to see most of my word document without random blank pages!

(see earlier post)
My solution was to uninstall it and use something else!
But let me say, in the future I do hope that freoffice does improve as I like the concept.

Current options:

Abiword, Open office (slow to start up), Documents to Go.
If you expect to write a document using one of above software and would like someone else to read it using Word (which, unfortunately I have to) good luck as the created documents are often hard to reproduce using Word. At least that is my experience.
For viewing only, you might consider saving document as html and reading it with a browser. Opera worked best for me.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
so all of you are viewing word documents without blank pages?

May someone please say what magic you used for it.

in other words my prolblem STILL isn't solved.
What do i have to do or change to see most of my word document without random blank pages!

(see earlier post)
I've noticed the same yesterday.

After checking more, in my case it seems to be related to the line spacing.

There were several of them defined in the document an as soon as I've set them all to '2', I was able to view all pages.

Hope it is useful.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I've noticed the same yesterday.

After checking more, in my case it seems to be related to the line spacing.

There were several of them defined in the document an as soon as I've set them all to '2', I was able to view all pages.

Hope it is useful.
Interesting observation. Looks like I'll have to reinstall and try it!

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Interesting observation. Looks like I'll have to reinstall and try it!
sorry

I've tried to use the koffice for changing the line spacing but haven't managed to find how to do that.
Also the ctrl-a doesn't select all but only everything above the cursor (or something like that).

Sorry for the stupid question, is there any documentation?
My use cases are 99.99% to simply read a document they've sent me.

sorry

I've tried to use the koffice for changing the line spacing but haven't managed to find how to do that.
Also the ctrl-a doesn't select all but only everything above the cursor (or something like that).

Sorry for the stupid question, is there any documentation?
My use cases are 99.99% to simply read a document they've sent me.
Just kind of curious. Can you try changing the line spacing with open office or abiword and then try reading it with freoffice. I'd do it myself but can't get to it for awhile. Anyways, portability is an issue for me.

Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Just kind of curious. Can you try changing the line spacing with open office or abiword and then try reading it with freoffice. I'd do it myself but can't get to it for awhile. Anyways, portability is an issue for me.
I've installed abiword (looks bad, but read it almost correctly/no blank pages) but I failed to find where to change the line space.

Would expect it to be in menu > Format > Paragraph , but it's not.

If you remember, let me know and I'll try it.

I've installed abiword (looks bad, but read it almost correctly/no blank pages) but I failed to find where to change the line space.

Would expect it to be in menu > Format > Paragraph , but it's not.

If you remember, let me know and I'll try it.
Try the abiword you can obtain from easy debian. It has some nice features. You can use that sequence ( Menu > Format > Paragraph) to change line spacing.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
We are way off topic: the option is missing in my case (a screenshot of the related menu in abiword).

The main point is that in a document that FreOffice displays as having many empty pages if I reset the line spacing it is being displayed correctly.

Attached Images

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-04-22 at 17:10.

We are way off topic: the option is missing in my case (a screenshot of the related menu in abiword).

The main point is that in a document that FreOffice displays as having many empty pages if I reset the line spacing it is being displayed correctly.

Same here. Also it appears that line spacing is not an option with Word To Go (let me know if I'm wrong) which looks pretty similar to abiword.