Active Topics

I downloaded the cssu stable...It is Brilliant!
How can I use portrait mode in "conversations" and how to get portrait mode "on-screen" keyboard?

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Thanks guys. CSSU stable is working perfectly. I don't know what you did to the email client in the latest update but for the first time in nearly 2 years, it actually works as it should, no more hanging for an eternity. Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Philippines
CSSU Stable works well...
Thanks to all of you!!

I am thinking are we getting updates soon for stable?
What if Nokia suddenly sent an update for N900 are we capable of having this updates as well in CSSU stable?

Is it safe to uninstall CSSU Features and orientation lock?... which I have installed after updating to CSSU Stable.

Thanks and More power to CSSU Team!

Last edited by Kitams; 2012-01-15 at 20:20.

Originally Posted by common View Post
I downloaded the cssu stable...It is Brilliant!
How can I use portrait mode in "conversations" and how to get portrait mode "on-screen" keyboard?

Hi!

I installed CSSU Features and orientation lock after I installed CSSU Stable to have Portrait mode, forced on all applications and yes on screen keyboard works well with my N900 in portrait mode as well.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Kitams View Post
I am thinking are we getting updates soon for stable?
Updates for stable will come when the next testing release has had it's quarantine time.

What if Nokia suddenly sent an update for N900 are we capable of having this updates as well in CSSU stable?
That depends on what is in the possible Nokia update, open source packages will instantly end up in cssu, other binary blobs need approval from nokia, but so far we always got it.

Is it safe to uninstall CSSU Features and orientation lock?... which I have installed after updating to CSSU Stable.
Orientation lock can be uninstalled without any problem.
CSSU Features is a 3rd party application, so it *should* uninstall just fine too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merlin1991 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
CSSU Features is a 3rd party application, so it *should* uninstall just fine too
Just confirming that you can uninstall without any issue or functionality loss.

If you have an issue with it and you don't get enough help from other members sent me a PM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by merlin1991 View Post
Updates for stable will come when the next testing release has had it's quarantine time.

That depends on what is in the possible Nokia update, open source packages will instantly end up in cssu, other binary blobs need approval from nokia, but so far we always got it.

Orientation lock can be uninstalled without any problem.

Big Thanks merlin1991... Your the one!

Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Just confirming that you can uninstall without any issue or functionality loss.

If you have an issue with it and you don't get enough help from other members sent me a PM.
Thanks Saturn!!! Appreciate it a lot!

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ South Dakota
This looks very, very promising, but my install didn't seem to go as planned. First, I clicked through the various stages without problem, until it finally returned to Application Manager with no further changes (5 minutes). At this point I went to my apps and found the new CSSU icon. I clicked on this, and it sent me back to App Mngr for the Maemo 5 update. However, it got hung up on updating the repositories before performing the update. I backed out of App Mngr and rebooted. Now the CSSU icon I briefly saw was missing, though when I returned to App Mngr and clicked on "Updates" it found the Maemo 5 update and installed it. My phone rebooted again, but I still don't have an icon in my app tray. I then installed the CSSU features .deb package through Maemo.org, which seems to be working fine through my power menu. However, I still don't have a CSSU icon in my app tray. Should I have one? I assume that CSSU is working properly since it's already alerted me with a yellow exclamation point in my status box about an Ovi update available to Docs to Go. Are there some terminal commands I should use to determine if CSSU is properly installed? Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance. Jeff

P.S. I should further add that I do have an "About Community SSU" icon and info in my settings panel (Community SSU installed, Version 21.2011.38-1maemo2.1), and I also have the CSSU Features icon in my app tray, just no Community SSU icon in my app tray.

Last edited by wicozani; 2012-01-20 at 06:52. Reason: postscript

Originally Posted by wicozani View Post
This looks very, very promising, but my install didn't seem to go as planned. First, I clicked through the various stages without problem, until it finally returned to Application Manager with no further changes (5 minutes). At this point I went to my apps and found the new CSSU icon. I clicked on this, and it sent me back to App Mngr for the Maemo 5 update. However, it got hung up on updating the repositories before performing the update. I backed out of App Mngr and rebooted. Now the CSSU icon I briefly saw was missing, though when I returned to App Mngr and clicked on "Updates" it found the Maemo 5 update and installed it. My phone rebooted again, but I still don't have an icon in my app tray. I then installed the CSSU features .deb package through Maemo.org, which seems to be working fine through my power menu. However, I still don't have a CSSU icon in my app tray. Should I have one? I assume that CSSU is working properly since it's already alerted me with a yellow exclamation point in my status box about an Ovi update available to Docs to Go. Are there some terminal commands I should use to determine if CSSU is properly installed? Thanks in advance for your advice and assistance. Jeff

P.S. I should further add that I do have an "About Community SSU" icon and info in my settings panel (Community SSU installed, Version 21.2011.38-1maemo2.1), and I also have the CSSU Features icon in my app tray, just no Community SSU icon in my app tray.
well wicozani
if u have installed it successfully then
go to setting
about cssu

if u see cssu there, it installed correctly

i will recommend you to first update n900 with latest 1.3.1
then install cssu

hope it might help you

well cssu doesnot have any icon on app menu

cheers

Last edited by Sourav.dubey; 2012-01-20 at 07:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sourav.dubey For This Useful Post: