Closed Thread
Estel,

The problem with n900 is that it gives so many possibilities that no one can really focus on 1.

I did a mod with its speakers, but as I don't find oem housings for my n900 cannot develop it more.

the only way is buying 2nd hand n900 but it costs too much.

I am also waiting for a 64gb emmc and see what can I do.

regards

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 48GX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
10x optical zoom for a mobile phone ? I think that would draw a lot of attention to the N900 and your project.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
From a "different barrel" - I'm looking for *broken* (well, it don't have to be broken, it's just that it doesn't matter if it's working, or not) N900, to use it as a helping body for Aluminum Body replacement project.

What I'm going to use it for, is testing body part's contact with motherboard (which have high risk of bending forces placed where they shouldn't be, due to dealing with early prototypes). I don't want to use "living" N900's motherboard for this - I once destroyed my main device charging chip, this way.

Motherboard (with all parts present, no matter if working or not) will do, but of course, whole device is even better (custom body replacement project is going to use screen module as-is, adopting it's slider mechanism) - I will be able to mix new and old parts together, checking, if they fit, without risking damaging anything.

Is there anyone, who could donate broken N900 for this project?

/Estel
I would gladly mail you my first n900, its half broken - you can't charge but you can use it if you put in a spare charged battery, the problem is it will eat the battery really fast.

The other problem is that shipping from my country to anywhere else might be a bit expensive.
Tell me your address so i can check the shipping price, if its something i can afford(the average pay here is 300 euro) i'll gladly ship it to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
I'm happy to donate the lower-half of an N900 if need be; haven't been able to resolve the connectivity loss error despite trying every trick in the book. I'm holding out hope for an N900 with a damaged screen to hit eBay, but the bottom half of the phone doesn't have much use to me anymore.

Last edited by keflex; 2012-10-09 at 02:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
Where can I order this mental case?

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
Where can I order this mental case?
Try the mental hospital

edit: thanks for the kind words estel. there's a difference between a simple joke and a spam/troll message fyi
: )

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-10-11 at 20:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
No spamming/trolling here, please!

inidrog, I will sent you PM summarizing (as they're a!ready publicly available, in this thread) details about possible pre-order options, shortly.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I would be also in interessted in preorderung the full body cover.
Could you send me also a pm?

The Following User Says Thank You to ConiKost For This Useful Post:
fry: shut up and take my money!!

grrr. the clips on the backcover of my otterbox case is like breaking from taking it off too much. lol....

looking forward for this and thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to jann For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jann View Post
grrr. the clips on the backcover of my otterbox case is like breaking from taking it off too much. lol....

looking forward for this and thank you
Bright side of replacement body - you put it there once, no need to remove again (until you want otterbox to protect your custom body, too).

Originally Posted by jann View Post
fry: shut up and take my money!!
Depending on how serious you are with it, please consider pre-ordering. More details via PM, if interested.
---

@all
Build-in antenna range tests (and improvements) inside alu body have started. For now, this is done in mockup quasi-body alu box, written entirely by hand in g-codes (=without added features, or even basic functions or polished shape, or...), but we're getting closer and closer every day.

Currently, I'm also trying to master FOSS combo of OpenSCAD + PyCAM, for projecting polished prototypes (and final result). Some time ago, few people asked for way of modelling this case - while CAD->CAM way of designing is really different from your regular 3D model production suite, people wanting to try their strengths by helping in modelling stage may look into pyCAM's accepted filetypes list (for full 3D model, not 2D engraving), and check possibility of modelling and saving results as required model file, by any 3D design tool of your choice.

Simply said, as long as it produces files accepted by pyCam, You're good to go. Just keep in mind, that machine (and pyCam) is 3-axis only - i.e. no "invisible hand" will turn object upside down on machine, when needed. Thus, external and internal side must be designed as at least 2 projects.

If you understand anything from what I've written above ;p and you got basic (or better) 3D moddeling skills, contributions to project are welcome

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
antenna, backcover, external, gangam_style, mugen cover, n900 body, neo900, sarcasm, where is estel