Active Topics

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
chenliangchen for me...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
I'll vote for #1, Briest. A very evocative sense of melancholy in that shot...

Last edited by Copernicus; 2014-08-31 at 20:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
I feared I may have totally broken the contest with my topic, but what we lack in quantity we make up for in quality. Briest for me..

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
People, you really don't like this competition anymore? Or are you just not having time for it?
I did not take part this time for two reasons. No time and a challenging topic. As demonstrated by the two entries, whose connection to the topic is IMO rather contrived.

My vote goes to #2 chenliangchen. Like Estel, I love the #1's composition and would have loved to give it my vote, if only I could see any connection to the topic at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Here are the results.

1st place - chenliangchen - 5 votes (valiant29, juiceme, davisrases, thedead1440, pichlo)

2nd place - briest - 4 votes (Half-Life_4_Life, imaginaryenemy, fbnccst, Copernicus)

Of course, congratulations to the winner, I will make a new thread for this month a bit later.

@TomJ and pichlo, the main strength of this competition (if I can call it like that) is also it's main fault. You can't know in advance if the next month's theme will "hit the spot" and have enough people interested because it's a bit hard and low on description... Again, I'm open to any discussion for improvements with the competition here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
august, camera, competition, imperial, mobile