Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Reported to techstaff

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Reported to techstaff
Oh
Good idea totally forgot

But is it not you to check such things, too?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
In the meanwhile on techstaff channels:

I checked the wiki's apache log and the attack we received was
made by many ip of the class 91.207.x.x.
They tried to edit all the templates until they managed to change a page while using 91.207.5.205

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
It's very sad to read about the maemo wiki page being spammed while sitting at the MC Donalds and enjoying a tasty double cheese burger. I never understood those spammers anyway there must be some kind of borderline personality disorder involved to make them do these type of actions.

Last edited by jellyroll; 2014-09-13 at 20:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
meanwhile.
I reported the spam to techstaff, only to be told I was pointing fingers.
Wont make that "mistake" again.

Good luck in finding out who did this, if simply posting "i reported" is fingerpointing, im out.

This was - in my opinion - a serious issue - and pointing fingers at who reports is not serious.

I will consider what this means to my involvement!

bye

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
neildk,

IMO, as a community member, you should be posting such a log for all to see so that it doesn't paint all techstaff with the same brush and also adds some clarity to your words.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
neildk,

IMO, as a community member, you should be posting such a log for all to see so that it doesn't paint all techstaff with the same brush and also adds some clarity to your words.
I take what happened serious, and I wont point fingers at specific persons.
I will however discuss this with council, as well as board.
If the person being identified in another thread can be confirmed, it should have consequences, as should it not taking any clues into consideration.
It is quite normal to use whistleblowsers, and while some nay not like it, it is effective.
Now, I dont think poibting out individuals in public is the right thing to do, but I do believe giving any - even the slightest - hints to those responsible for incidents, in a closed loop, is the right action!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Sorry I think I am missing the source of your frustration; is it you being put down for reporting a spam attack or is it because there was a disagreement regarding whodunnit?

I merely wanted you to paste a log for "if simply posting "i reported" is fingerpointing, im out." to understand why just reporting can be interpreted this way.

I still feel pasting of log without naming whodunnit is a transparent practice instead of it being hidden away between the few people in board and/or council...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
the post in question was not by me (it was namibg a oerson of community)
That post have, I see, been removed.
This is good, persons are innocent, until proven guilty.
As for tech, I think they are all good, and responding in best intention.
There was a misunderstanding of who named a member as offending in a public post.
I reported the spam to tech - including that name - for investigation, and some persons thought I posted name in public post.
This IS now sorted out, and I do not want to name individuals, As I do not want any of our good staff to get offended and stop their good work.
It is human and it is very easy to misunderstand short mails, I am probably to blame as well for being too short of words in my report.
So, apologiges to tech members for that !
/Niel

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
It is human and it is very easy to misunderstand short mails, I am probably to blame as well for being too short of words in my report.
So, apologiges to tech members for that !
/Niel
Indeed... Anyway I hope you do re-think your approach of rage-quitting or posting a goodbye message every time you feel slighted (not referring to just this case) and then getting back in the fold once things are clearer. Calmer heads are always better after all

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
wiki spam