Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Hong Kong
Hi, thanks for fixing the 0 min alarm bug.
For the new feature suggestion, will users be able to set the synchronization time more frequent instead of daily? eg. Hourly or when IP address is changed (like disconnecting from network and reconnecting) which Android apps work?

By the way, I kept the configuration files and fixed the password by installing Db Browser, where I could enter SQL commands to update the password for my Google account.

HolgerN, do you have some sort of feature request-list or bug-list? I would like to help out here; do you have instructions on how to get started?

I am only syncing in a terminal with the command
erminig -a

It is possible to use alarmed for synchronization. In alarmed a command execution string can be entered, which will be executed every definded intervall.

I think the source code of Erminig 3.0 will not help us, as the last entry is from 2008 and the erminig-NG was introduced 2010. There is also a git hub of erminig-NG:
https://github.com/thomasvs/erminig-ng

I have registered a garage project.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/erminig-n900

Last edited by HolgerN; 2012-04-19 at 13:46. Reason: garage link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HolgerN For This Useful Post:
I've been using Erminig for quite a while now. Previously, I ran into the error after every sync, but this disappeared after I performed a reflash. Yesterday, I noted a meeting in my internal N900 agenda, in the agenda linked to do a sync with a google agenda. Now I'm recieving an error after every sync. The error is attached!

This seems to be the bug where Erminig can't upload new appointments from the device. Is someone looking into this? Can I do some further testing?
Attached Files
File Type: txt erminig_trace.txt (3.5 KB, 136 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to BertvanDorp For This Useful Post:
Hi, there.
Am I the only one who can't sync N900<-->Google calendar ?

Syncing look fine on N900 but nothing goes to Google and vise versa.

How & to whom can I send the log ?

Last edited by em28; 2012-06-24 at 18:16.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by BertvanDorp View Post
I've been using Erminig for quite a while now. Previously, I ran into the error after every sync, but this disappeared after I performed a reflash. Yesterday, I noted a meeting in my internal N900 agenda, in the agenda linked to do a sync with a google agenda. Now I'm recieving an error after every sync. The error is attached!

This seems to be the bug where Erminig can't upload new appointments from the device. Is someone looking into this? Can I do some further testing?
Could you post the output of:

$ ls -al /home/user/.erminig.db

the file should be owned by "user", group "users". Permissions should be -rw-r--r--

I suspect you may have run erminig as root at some point, which made the database unreadable/unwriteable to the normal user.

Erminig seems to have stopped working properly for me now. It syncs ok from google to the phone, but any events I add on the n900 don't get sent to google.

I tried deleting .erminig.db and reconfigured it but it still won't sync anything I add on the n900. I also tried clearing my n900 calendar and let it refresh from the google calendar.

I have erminig running every hour and the events that I added on the n900 are still showing in the n900 calendar, just not on google calendar.

Is there anything else I can try?

edit:
Just added a new event on the n900 and ran erminig -a from a terminal to see what happened and I get:
Code:
RequestError({'status': 400, 'body': 'Illegal gd:reminder method or time  specified: 1347668400 seconds', 'reason': 'Bad Request'},)
Got a None event....skipping
All I did was added a new event on my n900 calendar and changed the date to be tomorrow

edit 2 :
I have fixed this for now by editing erminig_core.py line 373 to say "minutes=15" instead of "minutes=evt.get_alarm()". It seems to work ok, but obviously the reminder will always be 15 minutes before and ignore what is in the calendar

Last edited by af7567; 2012-09-14 at 00:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to af7567 For This Useful Post:
af7567, perhaps we should dig into the code a bit deeper, looking at how that value changes with different appointments and do some data validation on that field?

I was wondering if two-way synch between Erminig and Google Calendar would be reliable enough for me. It looks like perhaps not - possibly Google's slightly changed the way they process data and broken the interface gData uses?

I've started looking at the Google Tasks API that's available, but I'm hardly much of a programmer so it's unlikely anything will come of it. I would really love a reliable app that could synch both Tasks and Calendar between N900 and Google, and I think a lot of the logic from Erminig would be transferrable.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@Xagoln,

With the patches I did (see above on post #602) I don't have any problems synchronizing with Google Calendar (basically, I disabled any reminders being propagated in any direction, which to me makes a lot of sense).

Syncevolution should also be able to synchronize with Google Calendar. I use only for contacts, for now. But my plan is to test it with the calendar as well. Unfortunately my lack of time prevents me from doing this (I want to backup everything first and try to get it right the first time..).

If I manage to do this, I will post here.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization