Poll: Please select your Option
Poll Options
Please select your Option

Hi,

As we all know what Nokia did for Maemo, no support and no updates after Nokia decided that no more Maemo phones, if we all know for sure that N9/N950 is the last MeeGo phone - how Nokia will provide frequent updates for the device. Hence this leads to the same old story - No flash updates and No official UI updates from Nokia. Only hope is this community and developers should help to push these phones for sales.

According to me if we know no flash support and no updates and no fixes why should any one has to buy these phones??? I am going to stay with N900.

Please submit your poll and thoughts.

Thanks in advance,
Sudarsan.

Last edited by sudarsan_avs; 2011-06-28 at 08:14.

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by sudarsan_avs View Post
Hi,

As we all know what Nokia did for Maemo, no support and no updates after Nokia decided that no more Maemo phones, if we all know for sure that N9/N950 is the last MeeGo phone - how Nokia will provide frequent updates for the device. Hence this leads to the same old story - No flash updates and No official UI updates from Nokia. Only hope is this community and developers should help to push these phones for sales.

According to me if we know no flash support and no updates and no fixes why should any one has to buy these phones??? I am going to stay with N900.

Thanks in advance,
Sudarsan.
No flash updates? It doesn't have flash .. Solved.
And who needs firmware updates if the handset is working properly as it is? Seriously, if you don't want one, don't buy it, why fill this forum with your opinions on the matter? It's not an interesting discussion ...

Hi,

Thanks in advance,
Sudarsan.
Same questions comes to my mind my friend.
N900 + Flash 10 will be good combo, but Nokia somehow refuses to update this great device, even with the demo video available on youtube.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigdarkmad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
No flash updates? It doesn't have flash .. Solved.
And who needs firmware updates if the handset is working properly as it is? Seriously, if you don't want one, don't buy it, why fill this forum with your opinions on the matter? It's not an interesting discussion ...
Thanks tswindell.

This is to create awareness for ppl who expect frequent Flash updates, flash is basic for web browsing on any smart phone...

Please ignore if you are not a flash user

Thanks again,
Sudarsan.

if the N950 comes out with a keyboard and has a micro sd slot (unlike the N9.. tut tut) then i may consider it. i would consider a N950 even more if i could put maemo on it. i imagine that could be an awesome combination as it would not only be FAST but have updated hardware. this would be a real dream with all the software support already out there. i mean maemo is an absolutely solid OS on not too bad hardware at the time, but things have moved soooo fast since then.

N950 + keyboard + updated hardware + maemo... may be a great combination

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keferen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Buy a pair of trousers with large pockets and keep both, like I will do!
It is very clear that those who love the N900 will miss a lot of its features in the N9.

Enjoy the N9 as a phone and for its large RAM upgrade mutitasking browser performance, its nice looking screen, integrated always online IM features,... to shut op iPhone users when they laugh with your brick like N900...

Use N900 for anything that needs a keyboard or precission input, drawing etc...
N9 screen and virtual keyboard will drive you mental in a stress situation when you were used to productivity on N900.

The N950 we leave out of consideration now as it is not available.

In the years after Elopcolaps of Nokia, keep both N9 and N900 and if you are lucky enought to find a N950, that one as well as vintage items next to ZX81 and Commodore 64 and AMD K7 with white box Asus motherboard that did not exist.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Just purchased an E6, hopefully it will arrive today. The N900 is going all MeeGo/to rest, buuuut the N9 is too sexy not to get it On the other hand rumors of 1GHz+ (hopefully with the U8500) Symbian is starting to get around, and since Symbian is more powerul in all respects I wil wait and see.

Poll should be on three options

1) stay with N900
2) buy N9
3) buy N950

I will surely stay with N900 till N950 form factor comes along, forget N9

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Rotterdam, Netherlands
I placed a pre-order for a N9 a few minutes ago.
Will use the N9 to replace my E72, and will keep my N900 while it lasts.
Am still hoping that another mobile phone manufacturer will
release a Meego phone that has most (more) features thn the N900.

Proud owner of a Jolla smart phone
Check this out !
http://www.jollatides.com/

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Thanks tswindell.

This is to create awareness for ppl who expect frequent Flash updates, flash is basic for web browsing on any smart phone...

Please ignore if you are not a flash user

Thanks again,
Sudarsan.
I didn't say I didn't use Flash, I said that the N9/50 doesn't have flash, so what's the point in bringing it up?

The Following User Says Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post: