Posts: 84 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Damascus Syria
(SOLVED)
Thnx to retsaw, the problem was solved.
The problem occurred because I was rebooting the device while the hardware keyboard was closed.

Code:
Hello guys
1-Two days ago I downloaded KP50 using HAM, but didn't install its boot image. (then rebooted)

2-After that I downloaded Multiboot + maemo-kernel-image using :
Code:
apt-get install Multiboot-kernel-maemo
3-then while the device is booting multiboot interface showed me that I have only one option to choose which is (maemo default kernel image.) So I chose it and everything were fine. 4-I wanted to use KP50 so I installed its image using :
Code:
apt-get install kernel-power-bootimg
Then when I rebooted multiboot interface did not start at all this time. The device directly booted into desktops. In Conky it shows that I am using maemo default kernel. -what to do? how to switch to KP50 image ? Any idea plz?

Last edited by AnasSyria; 2012-04-09 at 12:07.

Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
@ majaczek, checked dmesg when ui/video lagging?
sorry nope.
one thing I can be sure it covers very specific use scenario.
the videos used to work on KP 49. After updating to KP50 my device come in weird state. after one or two reboots the state vanished, so i couldn't reproduce it anymore. (it started to work properly as my device was in usual state).

I know that some uses of player triggered bugs in this state while other were perfectly okay. As MediaBox is only a wrapper and it uses backends from another players, I believe the difference was a backend, since codecs used for both videos triggered different backends (Mediabox basing on config and media type can choose backend automatically).

Videos was just some people playing the instrument on youtube. The videos were directly downloaded from youtube (using a pc browser) and no changes were done since then. (the videos are SD quality but not scaled for the device). I even have two videos with same contents but one a flv and one an MP4 I believe (different copies from youtube server of same video). As formats were different and I mostly remember my config I'm sure one of triggered MAFW backend and the another triggered MPLAYER backend. But since the state which was able to trigger a bug was temporal, after rebooting I couldn't reproduce anymore (the baddie was reseted to something more rational). I may try to reproduce the same enviroment but even then I may fail to reproduce.

So I'm useless to help, until someone trigger the same.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
well, for some strange reason it seems it is better to do a full power-cycle after kernel reflash, I have some problems if doing a simple reboot with older kernels too.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Kernel-power version v50 is now in Extras-Testing.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
kernel power 50 doesnt have injection drivers? i installed it and cleven didnt work, so i installed KP46, i wanna update up to 49 unless u tell me the iyection thing is fixed

,any answers?

great work tho

cheers

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
It works, you just need to have updated drivers... Use the search, I am sure you can find it!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arnoldux View Post
kernel power 50 doesnt have injection drivers? i installed it and cleven didnt work, so i installed KP46, i wanna update up to 49 unless u tell me the iyection thing is fixed

,any answers?

great work tho

cheers
answer is in first post.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@freemangordon
So general problem is known and old: flashing kernel make battery machinery unstable until battery is physically reset (full charging cycle), and during that unstability weirdest bugs happen. On other side having to do full battery reset once reflash is small payoff for ability to use both VDD properly (you did it - nokia failed).

@pali
Funny - you did your best to make people find it - it's in first post. Still people happens to be unable to find it. However N900 is for geeks, even a geek can be dumb for a while (no offence to arnoldux personally).

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
@freemangordon
So general problem is known and old: flashing kernel make battery machinery unstable until battery is physically reset (full charging cycle), and during that unstability weirdest bugs happen. On other side having to do full battery reset once reflash is small payoff for ability to use both VDD properly (you did it - nokia failed).
By saying full power cycle I mean to power-off the device, to remove the battery and then reinsert it and power-on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by majaczek View Post
@freemangordon

@pali
Funny - you did your best to make people find it - it's in first post. Still people happens to be unable to find it. However N900 is for geeks, even a geek can be dumb for a while (no offence to arnoldux personally).
Bro, he means tug the battery.

I.E.
1. Switch off your N900 by means of actuating the mechanical bi-position power disruption dual location mechanical button switch.
2. Unplug the rear side battery holding compartment recess cover.
3. Dislocate the lithium-ion electro-chemical potential electrical energy holding cell from the recessed battery location birth.
4. Immediately after creating an electrical non potential between the chemical electrolyte capacity of the bl-5j cell, Insert the pre-charged battery cell into the now prostate N900 and impregnate it with chemical energy in order that it may live

LIVE

LIVE.

GIVE IT LIFE.

4. Turn on your N900.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali