Active Topics

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
It's no longer maintaining and will never be
Thanks for the frankness.

Sad day for N9.

The Following User Says Thank You to n9_user For This Useful Post:
Is possible to add extraplugins to Sailfish? GG at least.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Lisbon, Portugal
(v0.3.3 from OpenRepos) - I can't get Online and always get "Incorrect password" message, no matter what I try. I even went to Facebook's safety settings and created a "Jabber" specific password without symbols, in case I was hitting that old bug in Qt where passwords with symbols would be garbled (e.g., gpodder.net password in gPodder app).

Didn't work

[edit - no point in making a new post]

So, after not needing Google Talk for 5 years and now having a girlfriend that changed to Android and wanted to chat with me by Hangouts, and finally installing Extraplugins to try to get Facebook chat back, I find out that Google and Facebook seem to have both DEFINITELY kicked XMPP out very recently and the only system-integrated chat still working on the N9 seems to be Skype, (and maybe Yahoo, ICQ and Vk, but who uses that anyway...)

Is this confirmed? Have Google and Facebook stopped supporting XMPP and there is no hope to get those chats working again, via system-libraries or extraplugins?

Last edited by tigas; 2016-02-02 at 11:07.

I found this plugin in openrepos. Seems from the recent comments in openrepos that it should work. But when I click on "hangout" in the "create account" I only come to a jabber/xmpp account setup.

https://openrepos.net/content/hamedr...ssenger-plugin

EDIT: The subject is also found in this thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=97777

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Poland
Google Talk still works via Jabber/XMPP AFAIK. That's the way it is used in Mac OSX Messages. It's just limited now and you can not send pictures and so on via it (it was possible some time ago).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylwiusz For This Useful Post:
that is also my problem ...