I request an app ported from ios/android "Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary 8th Edition"

Anyone is intrested in doing the porting?

It's copyright by Oxford and not open source so how to port by the community? Only Oxford can do a port but I don't think they are interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ KL, Msia
Originally Posted by youmeego View Post
I request an app ported from ios/android "Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary 8th Edition"

Anyone is intrested in doing the porting?
Hi Youmeego,

May I suggest that you install an ebook reader and purchase(ahem) the latest Oxford dictionary in epub format? You can search for your words. It also would feel more authentic.

IONIC ebook reader is good. FBReader is also nice.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zero.vishnu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zero.vishnu View Post
Hi Youmeego,

May I suggest that you install an ebook reader and purchase(ahem) the latest Oxford dictionary in epub format? You can search for your words. It also would feel more authentic.

IONIC ebook reader is good. FBReader is also nice.
thanks for the suggestion, i did not know that there is .epub format for the dictionary.

How do i purchase the epub dictionary?

Don't know about Meego but Maemo has it from the start. Install StarDict app (qstardict) and load oxford advanced learners dictionary in it. Google to see where it is available as open source file for stardict and download and load it on the app. Plain and simple. I am using two dictionaries with mine. Webster being a better one
Attached Images

Last edited by niqbal; 2012-03-22 at 07:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Don't know about Meego but Maemo has it from the start. Install StarDict app (qstardict) and load oxford advanced learners dictionary in it. Google to see where it is available as open source file for stardict and download and load it on the app. Plain and simple. I am using two dictionaries with mine. Webster being a better one
I don't think yours is the latest version (8th edition). The OP clearly wants 8th edition which is not available on qstardict as the project has been abandoned for copyright reason.

A little odd to use both UK English and American English dictionaries together if you don't mind me saying. We are normally tutored on one or the other.