Active Topics

Did anyone try Savvies?

The Following User Says Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
I didn't try them; I only tried Clarivue Ultra-clear. These Savvies sound the same: ultra-clear, anti-static, no-glue... Should have excellent visibility. But will likely collect finger-smears like I don't know what - there will always be urge to take a handkerchief and swipe the fingerprints away.

Don't forget to remove most, if not all, dust from display before applying ;-)

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by FlashInTheNight86 View Post
Did anyone try Savvies?
Yes! That's the ones I've been using. They are OK. They can actually improve the screen visibility if, like most of us, you have some microscopic scratches on the screen as they will mask those and make the screen look like new. They will not mask bigger scratches and, as Wikiwide says, make sure your screen is clean from dust as any trapped dust particles will cause visible bubbles.

I have been using my current protector for about 6 months now and I think it's about time to start thinking about replacing it. Especially if you use the stylus a lot, the protector can acquire a rather matted effect from the scratches caused by the stylus. But hey, you get a bunch of 6 for £1.50. Replacing one every 6 months will last you three years, probably longer than the phone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks a lot! I'm tired of my matte ones, despite they look great and don't seem to be much affected by stylus, reading quality is definitely worse than transparent.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, España
Yep, Savvies (SU-75 Ultraclear) here as well. Only been on about a week, so far so good.
12 for £2.25 delivered to my door (6 x 2 packs) - eBay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/protectionfilms24

Also, bought Savvies (SU-75) for my Jolla - 6 for £1.55 - Amazon, again, so far so good.
Fingerprints/grease all over both! (I love crisps!) - Do I assume there are screen protectors that defy greasy fingerprints/etc..??

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
@ Markkyboy

"Fingerprints/grease all over both! (I love crisps!) - Do I assume there are screen protectors that defy greasy fingerprints/etc..??"

Regarding your question, try these ones out:

https://www.clarivue.com/nokia-n900-...protector.html

I'm pretty happy with it (Anti-Glare one), although not been the cheapest ones, greasy fingerprints are not a problem any-more (not tried with crisps but with ordinary skinny grease).

Ultra-clear one is also great in all aspects (but you will suffer from greasy fingerprints).

Also check: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37601

Enjoy your N900

Cheers!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to capitannemo For This Useful Post:
Received my Savvies, they're good. Recommend to everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlashInTheNight86 For This Useful Post:
Bought Savvies too - from Germany. Really fast delivery (2 days)
Applied one of them and looks good.
http://www.ebay.nl/itm/6x-Schutzfoli.../380825508535?
pack of 6 for 2 EUR and if you buy two packs you will get another pack for free. So 18 screen protectors for 4 Euro. Not bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Posts: 70 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Aug 2015 @ Australia
I bought a couple '6x Savvies SU75' on ebay from protectionfilms24 in September 2015. I was surprised how easily scratched it got within a week. With little use up until now, any sane person would have changed it a dozen times by now.
Anyway when I got another n900 already with some type of screen protector applied it seems 100x better; hardly see any scratches after several months (+x amount of time from previous owner).
Sure enough, I bought another n900 and applied a Savvies to it, horrible scratches were evident after a few minutes of gentle use (stylus).
Could the Savvies be fake or a faulty run? They came in legit looking soft black (with blue logo/instructions) plastic sleeves. They seem like a perfect fit on the screen.

Anyone able to ID the superior (for me anyway) protector?

Savvies (genuine?)

Unknown superior

Edit: Just did a little test in the corner of the screens. After several strokes and then a cloth wipe, the 'unknown' is perfect and the Savvies has more scratches.

Last edited by mike727; 2016-09-21 at 10:23. Reason: My image embeding attempt failed

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mike727 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2016 @ Irkutsk / Russia Federation
Hello. I want buy screen protector and don't know what buying for my Nokia devices. I want to buy for Nokia N900 and Nokia N9.

About protectors screens absolutely nothing know and worry before you buy, but choose between the two brands.

It's Skinomi and Vikuti.

Nokia N900 Skinomi:
www.skinomi.com/nokian900.html

Nokia N900 Vikuti:
http://www.protectionfilms24.com/pro...ia&modell=3131

Nokia N9 Skinomi:
www.skinomi.com/nokian9.html

Nokia N9 Vikuti:
http://www.protectionfilms24.com/pro...ia&modell=5688

I have mass question about this. Which purchase option optimaly, full body, mattе type, anti-bacteria protection, ultra clear? And what you thinking about is PDAir Ultra clear screen protector?

For me Important, that of the stylus worked and screen protector not degrade the performance of touchscreen. Protects the screen from everyday scratches and desirable was Anti-Fingerprint. It could be removed without damaging the device screen. Since it is very responsible to me. So I ask to give me a recommendation in my purchase.
Regards.

Last edited by Xsive Pro; 2016-12-08 at 10:43. Reason: Fixed Links

Tags
nokia n900, screen protect