Notices

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
about pausing the music i guess everyone has their preference:
When i listen to a new album, i don't want to miss songs, so pausing instead of lowering down volume is much better.
Indeed. I think having an interruption while playing a whole album is worse than not paying full attention to the music while still keeping up the mood. Anyways, I agree that it is a matter of taste.
can you consider about adding this feature to a next version? i believe there will be more users using this feature besides of me.
Adding the feature is not a big problem for me, but I fear the translators will kill me if I add even more new strings now. Lets see if I can convince them

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
1. I cannot seem to find a way to add a folder/m3u list of file to the playlist - only a single file at a time. Is there a way to do that which I missed?
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
There seems t be a bug in XBMC right now.
Could you provide me with a link to the bug report or discussion on xbmc forums (if there are any) so I can keep myself updated on the issue? I am obviously too *** to use the correct search strings myself

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Could you provide me with a link to the bug report or discussion on xbmc forums (if there are any) so I can keep myself updated on the issue? I am obviously too *** to use the correct search strings myself
I don't think there is a bug report for it, at least I couldn't find one on http://trac.xbmc.org/search?q=JSONRPC. I just know that it has been working for directories and stopped working at some point. If you are interested in debugging this or file a bug report in xbmc, here is a short startup:

- get a REST plugin for your browser (e.g. "Simple REST Client" for chrome)
- send a POST command to: http://<xbmc-ip>:<xbmc-port>/jsonrpc
with the following data:
Code:
{ "id" : 187, "jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "Playlist.Add", "params" : { "item" : { "directory" : "/path/to/your/music/dir/" }, "playlistid" : 0 } }
This is what xbmcremote sends to xbmc when playing a whole directory. According to the API docs it should work, but replies with "Invalid parameters".

To get the API docs, call
Code:
{ "id" : 187, "jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "JSONRPC.Introspect" }

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
anyone here use the nfc feature on xbmcremote? How does it work and what is required ? Do I need a specific kind of nfc tag or rfid card with specific frequence support? Does the tag include some command to auto-start xbmcremote and connect to the server?

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
anyone here use the nfc feature on xbmcremote? How does it work and what is required ? Do I need a specific kind of nfc tag or rfid card with specific frequence support? Does the tag include some command to auto-start xbmcremote and connect to the server?
Every available NFC tag right now should do. I have tested it with Tag Types 1, 2 and Mifare cards. A RFID tag won't work.

With the soon upcoming version 1.0 you will be able to start xbmcremote on the N9, wake up xbmc via wakeonlan and connect to it - just by touching the NFC tag.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
How is it going to work, do I need a linux distro with xbmc only? Right now my configuration is Win7+xbmc and I don't have xbmc on auto-start for now.
Otherwise that sounds too awesome to be true, I just learned how to use WOL with my Win7 and so far this saved me from loosing few calories. Ability to wake xbmc would save me from touching mouse and keyboard altogether.

How is it going to work, do I need a linux distro with xbmc only? Right now my configuration is Win7+xbmc and I don't have xbmc on auto-start for now.
Otherwise that sounds too awesome to be true, I just learned how to use WOL with my Win7 and so far this saved me from loosing few calories. Ability to wake xbmc would save me from touching mouse and keyboard altogether.
You don't need a Linux box for it (a windows pc should work too), but yes, xbmc needs to be autostarted by the PC itself.

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
Heh... I just asked in the xbmc forums about it and turns out that it does actually work, but not recursively. So it works only if there are playable files directly in this directory, but not only in subfolders.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Heh... I just asked in the xbmc forums about it and turns out that it does actually work, but not recursively. So it works only if there are playable files directly in this directory, but not only in subfolders.
Thanks. Found your post. Strange thing that it actually worked before. I am almost certain it did, I have a lot of albums arranged with subdirectories if there is more than one CD to it. Obviously there will not be any songs in the album directory. nonetheless I have joined the discussion on forums.xbmc.org

[EDIT] In order not to triple post:
I have given it some more thoughts after getting a somewhat negative answer over at forum.xbmc.org
I always try implementing things on my side if the other is not changeable...

The algorithm for "add directory" would look to me like this, basically meaning to add recursiveness on the client:
1. get directory information
2. if directories present then call add directory procedure for all directories
3. if files present do as originally designed

"play directory" would be based on same algorithm except that it calls play first title from playlist afterwards.

I don't know if JSON-RPC features could be arranged in such a manner. And there is always the danger of infinite loops when doing recursions.

Last edited by Amboss; 2012-03-16 at 22:35. Reason: not triple posting

At the moment I do not use WOL as my HTPC is connected via WLAN only. I am using Win7 and have just recently changed my settings to have a up and running XBMC after starting up (only on seturn from suspend-to-disk I still need to press the users login).

First tries were with adding xbmc to autostart but recently I found something on the xbmc-wiki which pushes integration a bit further.

Prerequisites were setting the user account to automatically log in without having the benefits of a password secured administrative user compromised. In the proceedings I actually locked myself out of windows while trying. Only a restore point from earlier that day brought me back.

If you want more details give me a shout.