mark @ well i charged the new battery using different device...fully charged on an another device...

naru @ no msg comes...its jus that whn i pluck the charger in the phone vibrates and the nokia symbol comes up with the white bakground..and it keeps on happening agn and agn...repeats....no basically its not taking the charging any how...bcuz m sure its gettin the current bcuz it show a white screen but thts it!!uske aage kuch nahe hota!!and if i connect it usding the computer usb the same thng happns...the computer is not evn identifying it...if that happnz i would still have a chance of flashing it but thts not possible either

I am still unsure if anyone has found a solution that isn't using another nokia device or a separate self contained wall charger? I am unable to order one in where I am at the moment and the n900 is my only phone and its died from battery and now I can't get it up again.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
I am still unsure if anyone has found a solution that isn't using another nokia device or a separate self contained wall charger? I am unable to order one in where I am at the moment and the n900 is my only phone and its died from battery and now I can't get it up again.

have you tried plugging it into a wall charger for at least an hour? be patient while charging and do not try to turn the phone on in the first hour of charging. just plug it in for an hour or two, then unplug it first and try turning the phone on?

The Following User Says Thank You to MrBigCow For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MrBigCow View Post
have you tried plugging it into a wall charger for at least an hour? be patient while charging and do not try to turn the phone on in the first hour of charging. just plug it in for an hour or two, then unplug it first and try turning the phone on?
Yeh I have had it in for over 2hrs - it keeps looping through the nokia logo. Tried wall charger and usb.

Will keep trying - will I be able to reflash in its current state?

Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
Yeh I have had it in for over 2hrs - it keeps looping through the nokia logo. Tried wall charger and usb.

Will keep trying - will I be able to reflash in its current state?
hey..i was already going through this problem...in my case it was a hardware problem..shorting in some circuit...
i guess u must have installed backup menu or boot menu which can cause permanent hardware damage....
so u should go to repair it..

i had the same problem...nokia logo comes..stay for some seconds n then disappear...
bt after getting repaired its working fine...its most probablt hardware problem..or may be of software..

it is worth a try since you wouldn't mind about losing the data in your
phone.
are you planning to flash the rootfs only or the emmc as well? due to the current condition, you might need to reflash both if flashing the rootfs doesn't solve the problem -or it gets stuck halfway during the flashing process.
oh, and on a side note - do remove the sim card and memory card, then try rebooting the device. see if this works before reflashing. sometimes the simplest steps might be the cure for the most serious issues LOL

i'm using bootmenu and backupmenu, and have been using them for quite some time. works perfectly for me though =)
n900 is a real tough bugger - haven't really heard of news about hardware failure due to software modding, only hardware failures from dropping the phone XD

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
@toxicated: Problem solved?

For what its worth I had the EXACT same boot loop issue after dropping my N900. After many many many x50 attempts to get it to boot, it would only normally boot certain times when I would plug my charger in during said boot loop off the battery. Even after reflashing kernel and emmc (only when it would cooperate) it would still do the same and once in a blue moon it would boot then give hard disk error because it wouldn't recognize the emmc. Since then I got my N9. It could mysteriously or coincidentally be a hardware issue. My condolences if that is the case.