Notices

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
I can download files, delete files and create new folders, but I can't upload files or rename files?

Upload files looks like it works, but when I check the folder I see nothing?

When I try to rename a file I get a message "Renaming of <filename> failed, network error".

Using N900 PR1.2 over 02 3G Network

Posts: 116 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Oulu, Finland
gerrymoth: Are you having rename trouble inside the DropN900 sandbox folder. I just noticed that there is some path bug there when renaming, happens to me especially in the DropN900 app folder when renaming.

About uploading/downloading in general. I have not tested very big uploads or downloads im afraid. Biggest might be few megs. The uploading is done via the python-poster lib that should handle big and long streaming uploads well, I suppose the lib was made for this kind of thing. I am still unsure if my threaded networking will give this a performance downgrade tough, I would hope not. I will have to start testing with bigger files on both upload and download. I read at some point from dropbox forums that uploading via the dropbox api would have had a 300mb size limit, I am not sure if this is correct though.

You should also understand that the dropbox servers replying to these requests might be jammed at some points in time. The api is just beginning to shape up and they are developing it all the time. Sometimes you might not get any responses from the servers in minutes. Be patient 0.1 software under construction

I'll update the first posts goals a bit.

Dropbox now installed and working fine, the Icon is just a stand mameo blue box, Is there a icon that mine is not showing ?

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Geneva, Switzerland
Thank you for your answer. Any syncing from dropbox to mobile obviously needs to implement ability to select which folders to sync, or have one named folder which is synced against the mobile.

I tried your app now, extremely responsive and fast, wonderful work! If I should point out some UI improvements, I think the folder list was slightly small. Nitpick though, just see a lot of applications do things too small in Maemo.

Thanks for your work on this app! I installed and successfully uploaded and downloaded image files from my N900.

I noticed when I tried to upload that I couldn't access my SD card, or upload multiple files at once. Do you plan to add these functions in future versions?

Thanks again for your work!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
I'm having prolems would anyone care to help?

When i try to install via apt manager, I get:
Applictions packages missing: python2.5-qt4-core (=4.7.3-maemo5)
Conflict with applications packages: python2.5-qt4-maemo5(4.7.3-maemo5)

Then I try typing in xterminal:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-qt4-network
I get:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11Resouces temporaril unavailable
E: Unable to lock the adminisrator directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), i another process using it?

Same deal when i type: apt-get install python2.5-qt4-webkit

i don't know if it's relevant, but i usually have a problem with wget in xterminal too, sorry if this is a real noob question, but plllzzz help, I have these problems installing other applications too.

Last edited by RogerTHAcctant; 2010-07-21 at 22:20. Reason: spellcheck

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Geneva, Switzerland
@RogerTHAcctant You need to close the application manager before you start using apt-get through terminal. Hence the question in your output; "...is another process using it?"

The Following User Says Thank You to eothred For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by eothred View Post
@RogerTHAcctant You need to close the application manager before you start using apt-get through terminal. Hence the question in your output; "...is another process using it?"
Thanks, I Think I got it down, but i'm still havig a problem with wget, every time i try to install network and the webkit i get a message like this:
Errors were encountered while processing:
wget
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

however I did succeed in installing DropN900, haven't tested it yet since I don't have a drop box account haha, but thanks for the help

Last edited by RogerTHAcctant; 2010-07-21 at 22:33.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
The /home/user/DropN900 folder isn't available to the user from the file manager, why default to that spot?

Frank

I think /home/user/ is on the 2 GB partition instead of the 27 GB partition. So maybe to preserve file permissions?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...