Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Hey all, need help!
have totally discharged N9.
sometimes it blinking led after connecting cable, for a short time.
pc can't find it.

it there any magic for charging?

Last edited by coderus; 2012-08-04 at 06:58. Reason: solved

Have you left it standing on charge for a few hours?

If the battery is completely drained it will take a while before it has enough charge to be able to boot up. Personally I would stick it on charge for for a good 24hours to be sure. A good sign is the battery indocator light will flash

If that does not work, try another charging adapter/plug and make sure you are charging from a wall socket and not PC.

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-08-03 at 17:32.

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Hey all, need help!
have totally discharged N9.
sometimes it blinking led after connecting cable, for a short time.
pc can't find it.

it there any magic for charging?
I have this issue with my Xbox Rechargeable Batteries sometimes.

Try plugging a wall charger into the N9, A REAL ONE NOT THAT USB CONNECTOR CRAP, and then remove it a few mins later, and then plug it in again.

Sometimes a fully drained battery can't even accept a charge and needs a sort of jump starting motion to force enough charge through to begin normal charging.

Hope that helps.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
If it's drained in nitdroid you just need to plug in charger and when it stops blinking unplug charger and press and hold power button for 5-10 secs and then repeat for a while, plug in charger let it blink till it stops, unplug and press power button etc.
At some point after doing this for a few min. press power button to turn on without charger plugged you'll be able to get it to boot to sillyboot and then just boot nitdroid as that needs less power to power on, if it boots into nitdroid then plug in charger and let it charge in nitdroid. If it doesn't boot to sillyboot repeat above.

Or you could see if flasher detects it's through flashing prcedure and see if it will charge that way.

I've tried this a few times and it wont charge after the blinking stops unless you do the above.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-08-03 at 18:17.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I had this yesterday. Did you install Status Menu Extension? I managed to get to nitdroid but it wouldn't charge. In meego it did. But to do this I plugged, waited till white diode disappears, unplug. Plug, wait, unplug. Do this a couple of times. I guess it charges only when white led is on.

Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
I had this yesterday. Did you install Status Menu Extension? I managed to get to nitdroid but it wouldn't charge. In meego it did. But to do this I plugged, waited till white diode disappears, unplug. Plug, wait, unplug. Do this a couple of times. I guess it charges only when white led is on.
What you experienced is what I said a couple posts above, I even said the reason it happens

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Well i can't seem to remember the flasher commands to just charge the phone...but you can set it to flash rootfs and plug in the device after that once it reaches charge of 10% you can plug it out...it starts flashing at 11% after all...

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Thanks for all. Fixed by unplugging battery. All fine now.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Thanks for all. Fixed by unplugging battery. All fine now.
Did you take your N9 apart?

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Did you take your N9 apart?

Regards Dousan...
There's no other way...