Hi every1, im really new to all this stuff, and I'm kinda getting the hang of things.

Just got myself a 770 (bargain, brand new @ only £76!!!) and i've flashed it to OS2007HE (i think thats what i've done). II've now got me xterminal, gainroot & set my app manager into red pill mode.... now here come my questions.....

1. when in xterm, when i type "sudo gainroot" i obviously become root, but how do i direct my term to my documents folder?

2. I have found some "pre-compiled" apps that have been made for the 770 and if downloaded them using wget in xterm, then unziped them but i cant run them? I've tried doing "sh <filename>" but i get an error.

3. I've noticed that you can boot from an RS-MMC....now i've done a bit of searching with no real answer to this but, why culdn't we install a "mobile" version of linux onto the RS-MMC with the obvious drivers complied?

I know a bit about how to use linux, but not that much so treat me as a complete n00b and who knows nothing technical pls.....

I would recommend you to start reading this forum cover to cover

Thank you for your reply, but i have given a look through the forum.
and also, i thought there was no such thing as a silly question on the newbie part of the forum, as stated by the forum description????