Active Topics

I just bought the N800 last week and am using OS2007. I was using the Maebo Mapper with GPS trying to load maps when the mapper crashed on me.

Now it tries to load but them goes to the home after it fails to load. I've tried reinstalling the maebo mapper but it won't work.

Any solutions without me having to flash my OS system and reinstall all of it?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's called Maemo Mapper

I had similar problem yesterday with on my 770. The my memory card got full and Maemo Mapper crashed. Then it didn't restart even though I removed some videos from the MMC card to make some more space. I believe one of the database files was corrupted during the first crash. I got it working again after I had manually removed the map database files.

I cannot remember what the default directory for map database files is as I have set these to be stored to the memory card. I think it was somewhere under /home/user (.maemo-mapper ?) and you can't access it with the default file manager. Xterm works.

Jebus? :-D
Sorry, this brought an old Simpsons episode to my memory )

Maemo Mapper apparently doesn't close properly. I have to do a cold reboot every time I exit, or else I get this behavior. It seems to stay in memory, and can't load itself the next time. It is beta software.

The Following User Says Thank You to sgosnell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
just for fun:
When I see "Maebo" I thought: That Billy Blanks again...now invented another wacky martial art with the Nokia IT