the way to the problem is here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...43#post1368443
i've decided restore my backup using backupmenu and get things back,unfortunely my n900 get stuck in a infinite loop,( screen of nokia logo) with the blue led active(the multicolored led stay blue when i turn on the phone)

thanks god that i did a backup of my emmc and aplications.
but the principal question : is my n900 definitely dead?
i think it isnt.but who knows? i am not an expert
i am trying flash vanilla ,so after that flash "combined/rootfs"
and this is the result when a try flash vanilla:

when i try to flash vanilla the flasher reconizes my n900 but it gets waiting for a state that the n900 already is.

i am on a w7 x64 machine
i've tried http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=20
but no results at the moment.

is my procedure of installing vanilla first correct?
also i have an x86 w7 machine and x64 ubuntu 12.04LTS,however i am going to try in x86w7 after(because i dont know if iam getting more trouble making the wrong procedure)
i am really desperate,because i fix it and after install dual boot android/maemo with apps and configs in a short space of time,so i am very anxious,my brain freezes just even think about it
note: i started my pc pressing f8 and allowing the instalation of unsigned drivers and installed the lib drivers of the previous link.but the result is the same

so whats wrong and what must i do?
sorry for the english it has been a long time since i used this language for the last time
thanks

Last edited by Henrq; 2013-08-21 at 03:07.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I have been down the no-flash-mode road with several N900s. While there are many here who will claim there is never a case when a N900 becomes unflashable nobody has ever shown me a fail-safe mode to force flashing.
I have wished that there was a known JTAG type flashing method to bypass a messed up bootloader that won't switch to flashing mode.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I am pretty sure you messed up nit installation (probably modules missing) and flashed somehow the nit kernel with multiboot?

You may try to flash kernel only, as your bootloader is still intact. See wiki.
Or to clean up the mess, flash first rootfs, then vanilla and again rootfs. All without a reboot (no -R).

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

i was using multiboot and running android because maemo was unacessible,so with the option backpmenu in multiboot i restored the optfs and rootfs. and this is the actual situation:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzcZBPBSxqU

the command to reflash only the kernel,is this
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R
isnt?
my bootloader isnt intact because multiboot or even backupmenu ,they dont appear.

the version of multiboot that i was, come with backupmenu 0.65.
would it be the correct:rootfs,vanilla,rootfs?
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
and then
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f
finally
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f
seeing the video
what can you say about the phone? it is better flash only the kernel or rootfs/vanilla/rootfs?

Last edited by Henrq; 2013-08-21 at 10:34.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by Henrq View Post
i was using multiboot and running android because maemo was unacessible,so with the option backpmenu in multiboot i restored the optfs and rootfs. and this is the actual situation:
Without looking at the video:

So you have nitdroid kernel in NAND now.
You may try the first correct command to just restore the kernel, which was not automatically flashed using backupmenu (i.e. you have nit kernel and old maemo rootfs).

Using second (also correct) approach will restore your N900 to factory state.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

thanks ,i am feeling a big relief now!
i've just flashed only the kernel and my phone came back with backupmenu bootscreen.
but the kernel installed is the factory kernel without powerkernel,cpu adjusting or usb hostmode. when a type uname -r the answer from terminal is :2.6.28-omap1

the good is that i dont have to waste my time installing more aplications over and over again.,serious dude thanks!

i wanna install a dual boot with nitdroid, so
i've followed these steps until the end,including installing nitdroid.and resizing my partition to 10gb.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=61
but with one detail:instead of uninstall backupmenu i just move on and installed uboot and powerkernelv52(mine were v50),but like i said ,
the omap1 kernel is the only one that starts.

when a try update uboot this happens:
Code:
# u-boot-update-bootmenu
Adding bootmenu entry for: 'Maemo 5 with attached kernel 2.6.28-omap1 (Internal Nand)'

Configuration file: /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power50.item
Error: Kernel image '2.6.28.10-power50' was not found in /boot or /opt/boot

Configuration file: /etc/bootmenu.d/20-Maemo5-kernel-power-2.6.28.10-power52.item
Generating u-boot image for kernel 'zImage-2.6.28.10-power52'...
Adding bootmenu entry for: 'Maemo 5 with kernel-power 2.6.28.10-power52 (Internal Nand)'

Configuration file: /etc/bootmenu.d/backupmenu.item
Warning: Invalid file - missing kernel or script file - skipping...

Generating u-boot bootmenu script...
i already installed nitdroid but the cm9 entry as with power-kernelv50 ,dont appear in uboot,just these options
Code:
1)attached kernel(it will leave me to backupmenu and therefore to omap1)
2)internal emmc
(power kernel v52,it crashes,kernel panic)
3)external SD card
(it crashes too :
***bad device mmc0***card did not respond to voltage select! mmc (part0) is current device)
4)uboot boot loader (not tested yet)
5)uboot console (not tested yet)
one thing nice is that when i choose omap1 kernel the menu of backup menu appears to me ask me if i want boot internal nand or go to backmenu options. i really liked one menu/bootloader inside another menu/bootloader,uboot and backpmenu "integrated"

so what can i do to dual boot nitdroid and powerkernel v52 with backupmenu inside?

The Following User Says Thank You to Henrq For This Useful Post:
i am just confused
in the terminal uboot says to me that it is creating entries in uboot,but when i restart the phone i dont see these entries

i just want boot my kernel power52 with nitdroid,but the only entry that boots properly is the omap1 that is the factory/stock kernel without cpu adjusting and etc.
because the .item files are in the right folders as with the image files.but i dont know why it just creates these entries.
and why it only boots omap1 kernel instead of kernelpowerv52
is there any link that i can read to solve my problems?
what is the best approach unistalling everything? edit the config files?
come back to multiboot?(but how?,the support to the kernel power v52 was dropped....?)

Last edited by Henrq; 2013-08-22 at 10:27.

i uninstaled uboot and bootmenu(backupmenu) and instaled multiboot,
then multiboot loaded my stock kernel so
i simply create a .item file in /etc/multiboot.d and copied the zimage to /boot/multiboot and opt/multiboot
and even with kernel power v52,multiboot worked!

now i have what i wanted:i can choose betwen kernel power 52 and nitdroid

however,i heard that multiboot can cause damage to nand is that true?
that's the reason why i want UBOOT.
if someone can help i will really appreciate.

the problem here is that UBOOT doesnt update menu entries,forcing me to boot the stock kernel.

Posts: 106 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Switzerland
From http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81613

<< Do not forget to update bootmenu: $ u-boot-update-bootmenu >>

If you are messing with MyDocs partition with tools like gparted then there is a high chance that u-boot will not recognize it at boot and your configuration will be not loaded. Backup your data and reformat your MyDocs preferably under windows.
BTW this kind of warning should be placed in first page of u-boot thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post: