Active Topics

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
So now that the great Maemo migration has happened, the old tableteer repositories appear to be gone for good. What's the official place to point our sources.list file now? I see that skeiron.org has a nice mirror of them, but I thought that site was only to help during the cut-over? The actual maemo.org repositories look great, it's the Nokia certified and what-not repositories which I'm wondering about.

Weird. I'd assume everybody has the same question, but I just haven't been able to find an answer.

Thanks,
Andy

*.nokia.com repositories not working anymore, nokia turned off servers...

Originally Posted by pali View Post
*.nokia.com repositories not working anymore, nokia turned off servers...
Yes, that's fine. But is there an official site with its contents?

Happily, I had made a doomsday archive of everything except
"updates", and I just got a copy of that from skeiron. Put it
all up on a local web server and pointed the sources.list.d
file at my local server. That takes care of my own problem, but
it could be a pretty rough ride for an unwitting newcomer.

For a long time seems that catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com is mirrored on http://repository.maemo.org/catalogue/

There is also unofficial mirror of catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com on: http://skeiron.org/repo/catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
To clarify, this is talking about the "stock" Nokia apps, right?

Originally Posted by buurmas View Post
To clarify, this is talking about the "stock" Nokia apps, right?
Even simpler than that. A naive user will have ended up with a list of destinations in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/hildon-application-manager.list
of which three of them likely involve catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com

So I was hoping there would end up being a clear place which told a user how to switch to this content's new location. This article might, in fact, suffice, although it still doesn't have a simple step-by-step recipe.

Thanks,
Andy

For instance, the hildon UI will overwrite a manually updated hildon-application-manager.list file. But if you go into the GUI it won't let you correct the "Nokia System Software Updates" entry (although it'll let you update the catalog & 3rd party ones). I know there won't *be* any more system software updates, but it seems sloppy to have a useless APT entry sitting there when it can at least point to valid content o nthe maemo.org site.

Andy