Notices

After few days of live handling (vacation ended :/ ) I just want to thank you again. Apart from the little bug of being unable to delete once created shifts, this works perfectly.

One more thing I noticed and would like to change if possible is, that the month overview the week starts with Sunday. Is it possible to change for Monday?

So, any chance for a small update?

Cheers and THANKS a bunch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tinukedaya For This Useful Post:
Just to add my thanks for this extremely useful widget

Originally Posted by Tinukedaya View Post

One more thing I noticed and would like to change if possible is, that the month overview the week starts with Sunday. Is it possible to change for Monday?
My working week starts on a Sunday, so it is perfect for me as is.

Therefore, could the w/c day be configurable please?

Hi Nicolai,
after using this for some months now, I just want to share few issues and summarize few things I'd like to change if possible at all.

First, after the issue I had with it due to DST time change it works almost flawlessly and I just love it. The only thing I'm having at the moment is, that the widget in week view only updates after reboot. If I do not reboot within the week, than the widget stops showing next shift. It's not a big deal as I do reboot once a week most of the time anyway.

The bug with being unable to delete single shift still persists.
the workaround with removing all shifts using
Code:
gconftool --recursive-unset /apps/maemo/shiftplan
works though, so that is okay for me.

Now for the possible changes I would love to see (mostly cosmetic).
- Ability to configure 1st week day for the app view. Currently the first day in the view is Sunday, which is confusing for me, although good for others.
- Adjustable background opacity for the widget.
- In app view, move the numbers a little up, closer to the corresponding line and center below the icon.
- The right side with shifts. Making it 3 or even 4 columns wide would be extremely helpful for me. I have 16 shifts ATM. Or at least sort the list by name or time.

That's about it right now. Please, please, take a look at at least some of it. Thanks again for this. I really love it.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi Tinukedaya,
thank you for this reminder.
This week I have some time for working on this widget
again.

regards
Nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Yay! Looking forward to it!

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
new version:
Transparency setting for the widget background
Fixed bug (widget didn't update upcoming shift
label)
Attached Files
File Type: deb shiftplan_0.1_armel.deb (70.0 KB, 70 views)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Great. I'll install it staight away and let you know.
Thanks!

Hey Nicolai.,
I still have issues with the updating. The weekly overview now moves as intended, but no new shift appears on the last day. I still have to close/re-add the widget to desktop or reboot to see it correctly.

Transparency works great. Thank you!

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
To Nicolai:

Can you make a Annual Leave , 1 more option?
because Annual leave is whole day, no time period, can it 1 more option to set the time to whole day??

Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
To Nicolai:

Can you make a Annual Leave , 1 more option?
because Annual leave is whole day, no time period, can it 1 more option to set the time to whole day??
You can just set it as shift with time for 00:00 - 23:59. At least that's what I did. Works good